Sunset Bar

need2cruisesoon

We just got off the Reflection in the Eastern Mediterranean. It was our favourite hangout! I tried the pool just once--ooo..human soup and hot! Preferred to hang out at the Sunset and enjoy some sun and some shade...judging by the crowds there, I was not alone!

My only complaint is the smell from the cigar smokers on the other side.

Note that the Sunset on the Reflection is different from your picture...it has the bar in the centre, nearer the railing...no wood, all glass and marble..very pretty.

BTW, the waiters were absolutely fabulous! especially the one who walked around singling Christmas carols and delivered our drinks with the words "here's your medication!" LOL

Interesting post. Am following the Celebrity boards because we are first-timers in January. We have had three cruises on Azamara, and although everyone says they love the sunset bar there, at times it is dead. We have frequently been the only patrons for pre-dinner cocktails. I don't get it. We cruise to be connected to the sea. Just happy to know that such a place exists on Celebrity (Infinity, I hope?)

Interesting post. Am following the Celebrity boards because we are first-timers in January. We have had three cruises on Azamara, and although everyone says they love the sunset bar there, at times it is dead. We have frequently been the only patrons for pre-dinner cocktails. I don't get it. We cruise to be connected to the sea. Just happy to know that such a place exists on Celebrity (Infinity, I hope?)

Silhouette:

DSC01697.jpg

Deck 15 on both the Silhouette and Reflection. Pretty sure it's the same on all the S class ships.

I know the Sunset Bar on the Reflection is totally different than on the Solstice, Eclipse and Equinox. Not sure about Silhouette.

On the Reflection in 2013, and the Equinox last Nov, the Sunset was packed all the time. Maybe it was due to both being a Carribean sailing.

I think you're correct. On our late October Med cruises (Equinox), there was usually a good crowd for sail away, then the majority left. We would head up there after excursions, or after lunch on sea days. I would check emails or post pictures using land based 3G. Mr. Kadedek would bring me espresso, then,when he saw me go down to the Oceanview for nibbles, he knew it was time to switch over to wine.

It's our most favorite place on the ship, and the one thing I sorely missed on our Splendour of the Seas cruise.

You will find us there late afternoon on sea days, ,when leaving port and depending on the weather after dinner.
Same here. I love the S class ships and sorry I couldn't sail on the October Reflection TA with you but will instead be sailing the Connie TA in November.

I know OP probably meant this thread to be about the Sunset Bar on S class ships but it's been SO long since I've been on an M class ship that I barely remember the Sunset Bar on those...does anyone have any photos to share?

I'd love to see a photo of the Sunset Bar on Infinity if anyone has one:)

It is the Oceanview Bar on the M Class. It is just outside the buffet and we love it just as much. You can have breakfast, lunch and dinner out there as well as after dinner drinks in the evening. When we were on the Millie in Asia, there was a jazz guitarist out there after dinner - it was lovely.

Loved the Sunset Bar on the Infinity. I liked the layout better, but mostly I think because they had an acoustic guitar player out there late afternoon and it was just a fun singalong kind of deal. And it was packed every afternoon.

Not sure I like it as much on the S-class ships. Doesn't seem to be used as much, and the music out there (when they had it) was not as fun.