FTTF monster

1MKS1128

I would totally pay for expedited luggage delivery. That should already be an Elite perk, for crying out loud. Getting agitated over the non-appearance of one's suitcase as the minutes tick down to sailaway is not how your most loyal customers should be beginning their cruise. I don't care how many Elites there are or what the logistics are; just do it. You're seriously going to let Carnival beat you on this?

I would totally pay for expedited luggage delivery. That should already be an Elite perk, for crying out loud. Getting agitated over the non-appearance of one's suitcase as the minutes tick down to sailaway is not how your most loyal customers should be beginning their cruise. I don't care how many Elites there are or what the logistics are; just do it. You're seriously going to let Carnival beat you on this?

Not something I'd pay extra for, and it would be very hard to arrange.

Not something I'd pay extra for, and it would be very hard to arrange.

I should have said, without making all luggage later and tying up staff longer, remember these are the same crew who have other jobs to attend to.

I should have said, without making all luggage later and tying up staff longer, remember these are the same crew who have other jobs to attend to.

Their job is to get luggage delivered and that's their only job until it's done. And I don't care if other luggage is later. Right now, mine is later. Someone has to be last, so let it be the non-Elites. That's the point of having a loyalty perk.

I laugh at the people trying sooo hard to get onboard before others. We are platinum and sometimes it takes us longer to get on than regulars due to the increase in P&E cruisers now. It is nice to get on and get settled then have a nice MDR lunch but not worth rushing or being rude to do it. Still have to wait for all to board anyway so why stress about it.

Now that I am Platinum, I am wondering if there is a way to find out ahead of time how many P&Es will be on a given cruise?

The benefit of priority in boarding really only applies to those who like to be first on board the ship.

Arrive at 12:30 PM or later to check in and there should be no wait at all after checking in to board the ship.

I laugh at the people trying sooo hard to get onboard before others. We are platinum and sometimes it takes us longer to get on than regulars due to the increase in P&E cruisers now. It is nice to get on and get settled then have a nice MDR lunch but not worth rushing or being rude to do it. Still have to wait for all to board anyway so why stress about it.

As for cruising with Carnival, our first cruise was a 3 day to Mexico so my DW could see how she handled being sea sick. The only thing she got sick about was Carnival. Very odd and peculiar things happened to us on that cruise but, fortunately, we decide to try other cruise lines and now have settled on Princess. Oh, NCL was as bad, if not worse, than Carnival. Never again for either.

There are things that you can only book onboard and it's first come first serve. For example, we rush onboard to get Chef's Table reservation. We walk to see Maitre'd as soon as we step off the gangway.

It's not just all about running to MDR to eat early.

The airlines do it, and with their sophisticated baggage handling systems still cannot get it right all the time. Part of that is simply the physics of loading luggage.

There are cruises that are 50% high level loyalty. There's no way they could segment 1/2 the luggage for first delivery.

If you want to get luggage earlier, do what I do (if you can), give the porter a little extra to make sure its on top of a cart going next to the ship.

Their job is to get luggage delivered and that's their only job until it's done. And I don't care if other luggage is later. Right now, mine is later. Someone has to be last, so let it be the non-Elites. That's the point of having a loyalty perk.

The benefit of priority in boarding really only applies to those who like to be first on board the ship.

Arrive at 12:30 PM or later to check in and there should be no wait at all after checking in to board the ship.

I agree, and generally board around 2PM with little or no line at all. The reason I asked is that I would like to do the MDR embarkation lunch for once. I am trying to figure out the best time to arrive in San Pedro crowd-wise, drop carry-ons off in my cabin and still be in the MDR in time to be served :).

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

I agree, and generally board around 2PM with little or no line at all. The reason I asked is that I would like to do the MDR embarkation lunch for once. I am trying to figure out the best time to arrive in San Pedro crowd-wise, drop carry-ons off in my cabin and still be in the MDR in time to be served :).

If you want lunch in the DR I would suggest you arrive around 10:30 drop off your bags and get in the earliest group to board.

We actually love Carnival and have enjoyed FTTF on our last 4 cruises. We are sailing Princess because they do Alaska so well. We will be returning to Carnival next year for my sisters 60th birthday cruise.

I find Carnival to my liking and fits my budget. It allows us to cruise at least 2 or 3 times a year. A cruise is what each person makes of it. If you go in with a negative attitude you will not have a good cruise.

We actually love Carnival and have enjoyed FTTF on our last 4 cruises. We are sailing Princess because they do Alaska so well. We will be returning to Carnival next year for my sisters 60th birthday cruise.

After your cruise, please come back and give us your thoughts on the differences between Carnival and Princess.