Dilemma

jude8

:confused: It is our honeymoon and we are huge foodies but also would like decent cabins. Cannot decide whether to go on the Celebrity Constellation on the 7 night Caribbean cruise or the four night cruise on the Radisson Seven Seas Navigator. Any help would be much appreciated.

The Constellation is a great ship and we haven't ridden the Radisson Seven Seas Navigator. I would take a 7 day trip any time over a 4 day unless the ship just wasn't very good. I think you would be pleased with Celebrity and have ridden on them several times. The food is good and service is also good. Depends where you want to travel and how many days you would prefer. Have a great cruise.

Don

Jude ~ congratulations and best wishes on your wedding and honeymoon. A cruise is a perfect start for you!

I, too, would pick a seven-day cruise over a four-day. Connie is a wonderful ship (altho I'm sure the Navigator is as well). But four days just isn't long enough, not matter what ship it is.

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful cruise! And congratulations again!

That is a tough choice, as I have always wanted to travel on Navigator, some day I probably will.

But the food on Constellation is pretty darn good, and the food in the specialty restaurant is even better. If it were my honeymoon, I would like that dinner to be one of the memories.

On the other hand, we too like large cabins, which is why we haven't made it onto Navigator yet. Our dollars buy more space on Celebrity.

It would be interesting to know what results you get on the Radisson board...

Happy honeymoon, wherever you sail,

Susan

We love the food on Celebrity and especially at Oceanliners. If it were up to me, I'd go for a 7 night way before a 4 night. It's your honeymoon, so you would have more time to be "just together" on the 7 night. You could always go on a more expensive, ie Navigator cruise next year. (7 day)

Whichever you choose, I am sure you will remember it forever. Happy honeymoon.

Katie

:confused: It is our honeymoon and we are huge foodies but also would like decent cabins. Cannot decide whether to go on the Celebrity Constellation on the 7 night Caribbean cruise or the four night cruise on the Radisson Seven Seas Navigator. Any help would be much appreciated.
I'm confused. What's the problem of having both on Celebrity? Can't be budget if you're talking Radisson as an option.

I really appreciate everyone's help. We have a new dilemma because of the celebrity itinerary changes and the postings on the itinerary changes on boards. Which option most suited for the food loving, booze loving romantics that love to travel and experience life for our honeymoon??

Prices are about the same

Raddisson Seven Seas Navigator

5 day itinerary

Mar 10FridaySan Juan18:00

Mar 11SaturdayVirgin Gorda08:0018:00

Mar 12SundaySt. Maarten - Philipsburg08:0018:00

Mar 13MondaySt. Barts - Gustavia08:0023:00

Mar 14TuesdaySt. Thomas - Charlotte Amalie07:0018:00

Mar 15WednesdaySan Juan

OR

7 day itinerary with Celebrity Constellation

3/11 San Juan, Puerto RicoDepartureDepart 11:00

3/12 Casa De Campo, Dominican Rep Arrive 5:00 PM

3/13 Casa De Campo, Dominican Rep Depart 8 am

3/13 Catalina Island, Dom Rep TenderedArrive 9:00 AMDepart 5 pm

3/14 At Sea 3/15 Bridgetown, Barbados DockedArrive 9:00 AMDepart 5:30

3/16 Basseterre, St. Kitts DockedArrive 9:00 AMDepart 6:00

3/17 Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas DockedArrive 8:00 AMDepart 5:30

3/18 San Juan, Puerto Rico ArrivalArrive 7:00 AM

I think neither offers enough at-sea days for a proper honeymoon;) . Here's a Galaxy option, and there's an 11nt that starts on March 9th that skips Jamaica.

Mon, Mar 20 Galveston, Texas

Tue, Mar 21 At Sea

Wed, Mar 22 Cozumel, Mexico

Thu, Mar 23 Costa Maya, Mexico

Fri, Mar 24 At Sea

Sat, Mar 25 Puerto Limon, Costa Rica Docked

Sun, Mar 26 Panama Canal (Cruising)

Sun, Mar 26 Cristobal Pier, Panama

Mon, Mar 27 At Sea

Tue, Mar 28 George Town, Grand Cayman

Wed, Mar 29 Montego Bay, Jamaica

Thu, Mar 30 At Sea

Fri, Mar 31 At Sea

Sat, Apr 01 Galveston, Texas

You do present a dilemma.

1. We prefer 7-to-11 day cruises. Anything else seems too short.

2. We love Celebrity and would recommend Celebrity. However, we've never been on Radisson.

3. I think the Radisson itenerary is the better of the two, with Virgin Gorda being the jewel of the itenerary.

Here is a very detailed review of your entire Radisson itenerary ex St. Barts.

(Don't skip Tortola review. It includes details about Virgin Gorda).

http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/easterncaribbean.html

For honeymooning purposes, either one would work. The ports on the Celebrity itineary aren't that fabulous as compared to the Radisson one -- but here's the deal: when everyone else gets off the ship, you can venture forth from your cabin and use the pool and hot tubs with practically no one else around. :)

I live in San Francisco, a food-loving booze-drinking town if there ever was one, and I've found the food on Celebrity to be very good and pleasing to my SF-trained palate. So don't worry about the food not being good on Celebrity. And their menu of specialty martinis in the martini bar should more than handle the booze-drinking end of things. I liked the martini menu so much that one went home with me after my first Celebrity cruise, and I stocked my liquor cabinet based on what was on that menu :)

If you've got the $$ to spend and want to go really romantic, then there's the "Yachts of Seabourn." They have small ships that carry about 200 passengers, they have a six-nighter that goes from Miami to St. John with a couple of sea days, and they just seem very intimate and romantic. So that might be an option if you end up not being able to choose between Radisson and Celebrity.

Archived