Visa OBC... When does it post?

I have tried searching and can't seem to find the answer or maybe I am just missing it.

I recently redeemed 5,000 Visa BoA points for OBC for our upcoming cruise. Afterwards I received an "unofficial" looking confirmation that looked like this:

Sail Date: 2/27/2016

Ship Name: Adventure of the Sea

Comments:

Items redeemed:

Quantity: 1

Item points value: 5,000

Description:

Every morning stop by for a coffee and pastry and have no worries when you have your onboard credit. Apply your $50 credit for shore excursions, at onboard gift shops, wine packages, spa packages, specialty restaurants, bars and even for your morning, afternoon or evening shot of espresso.

Is this the standard confirmation most of you have received?

Is the OBC supposed to show up in the "My Cruise" section on RCI site?

I now realize I did not put our confirmation # in the comments section...will this be a problem?

I have tried searching and can't seem to find the answer or maybe I am just missing it.

I recently redeemed 5,000 Visa BoA points for OBC for our upcoming cruise. Afterwards I received an "unofficial" looking confirmation that looked like this:

Comments:

Items redeemed:

Description:

Every morning stop by for a coffee and pastry and have no worries when you have your onboard credit. Apply your $50 credit for shore excursions, at onboard gift shops, wine packages, spa packages, specialty restaurants, bars and even for your morning, afternoon or evening shot of espresso.

I now realize I did not put our confirmation # in the comments section...will this be a problem?

Yes, that's a standard confirmation. Your OBC from VISA points will not show up on your My Cruise page.

The OBC usually will be posted to your booking about 2 weeks prior to departure. Here is the number to the RCI Coupon Redemption Center 1-888-305-4626. You can always call them and confirm.

Just a note that once on board, it takes approx. 2 days for any OBC to show up on your SeaPass Account.

Comments:

Items redeemed:

Description:

It will not show up in your cruises. Have RCI send you an updated invoice. It will show up on there. It may be closer to sailing time however.

Have used the Visa points for OBC 4x now and never a problem. It will usually show up on your account by the second sea day and all charges up to that time will then be deducted from the OBC before you are charged anything.

I would recommend bringing your confirmation just in case, but I have never had any issue.

I had to call RC, just to make sure that my Visa OBC was there. Also, please note that all Visa OBC credit goes to the person that the reservation is made under. Myself and my friend both cashed in our VISA OBC and it was all under my name. They were only able to split it down the middle but in reality it should be 150$ for me and 100$ for her. RCL did not give me a reason why they couldn't do that, but they were only able to split down the middle... :confused:

Be sure to take a copy of the OBC confirmation e-mail along with you, just in case. We had an occasion where the OBC did not post on our account on day 2 or 3. Having the e-mail confirmation to show to guest relations expedited the process of getting the OBC posted quickly.

I called. All is well!

Agent was extremely friendly and stated that most people do not know the "trick" of putting the reservation # in the comments section. She said as long as name and ship/sailing date is correct, usually no issues.

I just wanted to report that I redeemed $200 OBC through the rewards program. about 3 weeks ago. I didn't expect it so soon, but I checked my reservation and the credit has posted to my reservation. I actually forgot to put my confirmation number in the comments section and it still was applied correctly. I sail on November 7th.

You have to call whomever you booked thru and get a copy of your booking invoice. The OBC will show up on it

Ok, thanks. That's what I've been doing, but I thought they were implying that there's a place on the RCI website to see it (sans phone call). Too bad, that would be convenient.