Recipe for parmesan crusted chicken?????

zcat

I make parmesan chicken with spaghetti but it doesn't taste anything like HAL's parmesan chicken. Theirs is so much better. I did look on line and can't find a recipe that sounds like what I have had on the ships. Can you help????????????

The recipe is pretty straight forward. Possible differences could be in the quality of the cheese (parm di reggiano) and the bread crumbs (fresh instead of processed store brand). You might also consider breading them early in the day and refrigerating them so it adheres better.

Other than that, food always tastes better on vacation.

Does it call for a red sauce? If so, it could be a difference in the sauce you are using. I've never had the parm chicken so don't know if it has a sauce, or not.

Is it breaded and then fried? If so, perhaps they are using a different oil. Olive instead of canola for example.

zcat, Both DH and I agree we love the Parmesan Crusted Chicken HAL makes. The first time I tried it was on the Westerdam this past March and I just raved about it so when we on the Maasdam in July both DH and I ordered it. It really is good. The chicken is just so tender:)

I have never had the Parm. encrusted chicken on HAL , but I happen to make something that may be similar .

Just pound Chicken Breast fillets very thin, dip in egg and then coat with bread crumb and cheese (and yes Parm Reggiano does make a big difference) and then sautee in a little olive oil and butter until golden.

Not sure if this is the exact thing HAL serves but it is pretty good :) :)

Does it call for a red sauce? If so, it could be a difference in the sauce you are using. I've never had the parm chicken so don't know if it has a sauce, or not.

Is it breaded and then fried? If so, perhaps they are using a different oil. Olive instead of canola for example.

I will try the olive oil I never use canola. It didn't have a sauce on it or if it did I seldon eat sauces. Thank you so much for your interest.

zcat, Both DH and I agree we love the Parmesan Crusted Chicken HAL makes. The first time I tried it was on the Westerdam this past March and I just raved about it so when we on the Maasdam in July both DH and I ordered it. It really is good. The chicken is just so tender:)

I agree their chicken is so tender. I am not meat person but will eat their chicken one in a while. Thanks and happy cruising

I have never had the Parm. encrusted chicken on HAL , but I happen to make something that may be similar .

Just pound Chicken Breast fillets very thin, dip in egg and then coat with bread crumb and cheese (and yes Parm Reggiano does make a big difference) and then sautee in a little olive oil and butter until golden.

Not sure if this is the exact thing HAL serves but it is pretty good :) :)

Thanks gonna do that. Think good thoughts like sailing HAL

The recipe is pretty straight forward. Possible differences could be in the quality of the cheese (parm di reggiano) and the bread crumbs (fresh instead of processed store brand). You might also consider breading them early in the day and refrigerating them so it adheres better.

Other than that, food always tastes better on vacation.

Never thought of breading early in day I will do that. Thank you. happy Hal sailing

Archived