Diamond + free laundry question

I have never used this perk, so need some info, please. Am I correct that now you may use this perk on any day and just ask your room steward for the bag when you need it? Or is it still a particular day? And does it take two days to get it back? Going on a b2b2b so can use it this time!

Whether you can get the wash and fold bag at will depends on the ship and stateroom attendant. We've mostly had good luck getting the bag when we want, but sometimes they say they can't do it other than a specific day.

If we give the bag to the attendant in the morning, we get it back around 5pm the next day. If we give the bag to the attendant in the evening, it takes two days. I would confirm this with the attendant to be sure that your ship has the same policy.

There's a pre-fab checklist with the bag that you mark to show what and how many of each item you've put in the bag. It's a multi-copy form and you keep a copy. They only want you to send underwear and pajamas basically! We've 'disobeyed' and put other things in there (like a pair of Buz's jeans and T-shirts that aren't underwear) and just crossed something out and written in 'jeans.' Seems like we might have had to write in 'T-shirt' rather than 'undershirt' too and 'camisole' instead of bra but I don't remember.

When we've used the bag on longer trips it's usually mostly his stuff we've sent. I've only sent underwear, cotton camisoles, and cotton nightgowns. Buz sends all kinds of things, but it's all things that have been washed enough they won't shrink. We think they take your bag and dump it into a net bag or something (so all your stuff stays together) and then put it through the machines. Hot water and hot dryer. So be mindful of the COLORS of stuff you send. Once all of Buz's tidy whities and my white nightgown came back with a pale blue tint due to a dark blue T-shirt he'd stuffed in the bag. (No biggie - we both look pretty good in pale blue…:o…)

We knew we would use this service on our 15 night TA (NOS), so we talked to our cabin steward at the beginning of the cruise and let him know we would need the laundry bag later in the cruise. We asked if there was a specific day for it, but he just gave us the bag and list and told us to give it back to him whenever we wanted. It takes a couple of days to get it back. I do think the timing varies by ship, so ask your steward about it early on so he knows you'll want the service and he'll tell you when it will happen.

Lastly, the bag isn't very big. We've found that you can stuff more than you think into it if you kind of roll things up very tight before you stuff them in. Buz can even manage to roll up a pair of jeans tightly, put them in, and still have room for quite a few other things.

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

I never roll clothes when I pack, but I agree, the laundry bags are small so I always roll DH's Tshirts before I put them in there. That way I can get his tshirts and my workout tops/shorts in there. I never put in swimsuits/coverups or anything I don't wanted dried. So no shorts either as I don't put those in the dryer at home either.

But it is great to be able to wash my gym clothes once while on the cruise.

I have never used this perk, so need some info, please. Am I correct that now you may use this perk on any day and just ask your room steward for the bag when you need it? Or is it still a particular day? And does it take two days to get it back? Going on a b2b2b so can use it this time!

There are a couple of important things to understand. You are b2b2b and this perk is offered only on cruises that are 5 days or longer. You each have this perk loaded on your sea pass so be sure that if you need to do more than 1 bag that you use the folio number from different cards. Also at the beginning of each cruise your perks reload for that cruise and anything from the cruise that has ended goes away. I would double check with the C&A desk to be sure that the wash and fold is still a perk. I didn't see it mentioned the last time I looked at the perks.

I would double check with the C&A desk to be sure that the wash and fold is still a perk. I didn't see it mentioned the last time I looked at the perks.

It was still a perk in July on the Radiance. They had a specified day that they did it.

There are a couple of important things to understand. You are b2b2b and this perk is offered only on cruises that are 5 days or longer. You each have this perk loaded on your sea pass so be sure that if you need to do more than 1 bag that you use the folio number from different cards. Also at the beginning of each cruise your perks reload for that cruise and anything from the cruise that has ended goes away. I would double check with the C&A desk to be sure that the wash and fold is still a perk. I didn't see it mentioned the last time I looked at the perks.

When the coupons used to be in a book, the Free Wash & Fold Coupon was for cruises of 4+ days or longer and it stated that on the coupon.

Now the letter that you receive in your cabin listing what has been loaded on to your SeaPass Card, has no specific number of days that you must cruise in order to use the Free Wash & Fold coupon.

Edited by cruisenfever