NCL Star GTY room question

Moomduck1

Hi,

We haven't cruised NCL yet but have one booked for April. My son has a cruise booked with NCL (his first cruise as well) for Sept 15. His room is a 1E GTY. About how far in advance will he find out his room? Maybe a week before? I'm just curious. We have never done GTY rooms, so this is also a new experience. Do they ever give you a room in a higher category or do you get what you paid for? He's fine with the 1E. I'm just curious. Thank you for your help!

The category in question is most likely IE (starting with "I" for inside, not "1"), a midship inside cabin.

As said, the cabin assignment can come anytime between booking and embarkation date - no way of telling when.

Be warned though that NCL has unfortunate habit of classifying family cabins higher than regular cabins and that means that he can get assigned a cabin in categories ID, IC and I1 (family inside) and those cabins are not located midship but in fwd and aft.

So even though the GTY has been booked in a midship category, location is not something that is guaranteed.

Edited by Demonyte