Watch Oriana's grand arrival into New York (TODAY: Sat 24 Sept)

Globaliser

CGT, Get over it already, it'a a done deal. Time to stop whining

Have you been to the new port in Brooklyn, No. So how do you know its a dump.

Dump is the old port in Manhattan.

You still cruise under the VNB, still cruise past the skyline. Only difference is you are now cruising the East River instead of the Hudson, big deal. Its wonderful cruising past the South Street seaport all lite up, The Brooklyn Bridge right in front of you..

It's a great new port, nobody is asking you if you want to move there.

There is plenty of parking, less traffic, and cheaper by taxi to get there from any of the airports. The Brooklyn Marriot Hotel is a few blocks away.

There are also some great resturants there.

I have been to cruise ports in real ****y neighborhoods, Red hook/sunset park is not bad. Its turned into a yeppie neighborhood in the last few years.

As much as you would like people to think there is nothing there but old factorys thats just not so. Since you say you live in Manhattan try taking a water taxi across to the new port.

Please don't show me your out dated map of the area. You have posted it before.

The pier at Red Hook is actually located well south of the East River and the South Street Seaport and the Brooklyn Bridge. I believe ships enroute to the New York Cruise Terminal actually get closer to those points enroute to the Hudson River.

I agree that it's closer to JFK airport, but not to LGA airport. The area around th pier is mostly industrial, but all NYC waterfront areas seem to be very trendy, with new residential units, shops and restaurants opening.

I think it's alot closer to LGA, take the BQE right to the port. From JFK isn't it belt to the BQE.

Doesn't really matter, not a bad place for a new NYC port. I have friends who have a wonderful brownstone in Red Hook. It was time for a new port in the city, now they can rebuild the old port.

Archived