Weather alert on NCL.com

ColinIllinois

Nothing bad right now but for those of you sailing soon you may want to monitor it.

Tropical Storm Erika

Updated August 26, 2015 - 1:00 PM EST

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and security of our guests and crew is of the utmost importance. Therefore, the company is closely monitoring the path of Tropical Storm Erika.

At this time, all of our ships are sailing as scheduled. Should there be any updates, they will be immediately posted here.

I am leaving from NY, I guess Miami and Tampa are the other ports that are waiting to find out what is going on.

Getaway leaving Saturday is really the big question. Current path for Erika is right along the route it takes to St. Thomas and Tortola. Wait and see what the plan is when we get to port on Saturday.

Getaway leaving Saturday is really the big question. Current path for Erika is right along the route it takes to St. Thomas and Tortola. Wait and see what the plan is when we get to port on Saturday.

This week ended up going to Nassau, Ocho Rios and Cozumel because of Danny.

*not necessarily in that order.

Edited by tarps14

Just told my cruise on getaway Saturday will have same stops as this week.

By whom? Where did you get this info? I'm on the same cruise. I'm fine with this change, never been to Jamaica and its been more than a decade since I've seen Cozumel.

NCL.com hasn't been updated with any itinerary changes. I saw footage of the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico being hit hard.

Based on weather it looks like going west is the best option for the 8/29 Getaway. Best weather ports seem to be Ochoa Rios, Grand Cayman and Honduras.

Whatever the plan I'm flying tomorrow and will board the ship Saturday. I didn't prebook any excursions so itinerary changes won't cause us much work.

Update already posted in another thread but I thought I'd throw it in here since this got bumped. Helpful to those on this sailing.

Tropical Storm Erika

Updated August 27, 2015 - 11:30 AM EST

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and security of our guests and crew is of the utmost importance. The company has been closely monitoring Tropical Storm Erika and will be adjusting Norwegian Getaway's itinerary for the cruise departing on August 29, to ensure our guests have the best vacation experience possible.

Norwegian Getaway will now call in Cozumel, Mexico on Monday from 8 am to 5 pm; Ocho Rios, Jamaica on Wednesday from 8 am to 5 pm; and Nassau, Bahamas on Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.

Should there be any further updates, they will be immediately posted here.

Tropical Storm Erika

Updated August 27, 2015 - 5:30 PM EST

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and security of our guests and crew is of the utmost importance. The company has been closely monitoring Tropical Storm Erika and will be adjusting itineraries for Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Gem and Norwegian Sky, to ensure our guests have the best vacation experience possible.

Norwegian Getaway’s itinerary for her sailing departing on August 29 will now call in Cozumel, Mexico on Monday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Ocho Rios, Jamaica on Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Nassau, Bahamas on Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Norwegian Gem’s itinerary for her sailing departing on August 29 will call on the Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda arriving on Monday at 8 am and remaining until Wednesday at 5 p.m.

Norwegian Sky’s itinerary for her sailing departing on August 28 will now call in Nassau, Bahamas on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Key West, Florida on Sunday from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Tropical Storm Erika

Updated August 27, 2015 - 5:30 PM EST

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and security of our guests and crew is of the utmost importance. The company has been closely monitoring Tropical Storm Erika and will be adjusting itineraries for Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Gem and Norwegian Sky, to ensure our guests have the best vacation experience possible.

Norwegian Getaway’s itinerary for her sailing departing on August 29 will now call in Cozumel, Mexico on Monday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Ocho Rios, Jamaica on Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Nassau, Bahamas on Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Norwegian Gem’s itinerary for her sailing departing on August 29 will call on the Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda arriving on Monday at 8 am and remaining until Wednesday at 5 p.m.

Norwegian Sky’s itinerary for her sailing departing on August 28 will now call in Nassau, Bahamas on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Key West, Florida on Sunday from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Great deal for those on the Gem, getting Bermuda instead of Florida/Bahamas.

Can't help but wonder why this new itinerary for the Gem gets to stay in Bermuda until 5 PM on departure day, when those of us on BA have been changed to 3 pm.