No overnight stop in istanbul -12th oct 2015

lenbest

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/last-minute-luxury

12 October 2015 11 nights

SHIP: CELEBRITY REFLECTION

FROM

£799

PER PERSON

ITINERARY: Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy At Sea Santorini, Greece Mykonos, Greece Athens (Piraeus), Greece Athens (Piraeus), Greece Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey Rhodes, Greece Chania (Souda),Crete, Greece At Sea Naples, Italy Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy

Just now I went to the U.S. website. When you bring up this cruise the initial map does not have Istanbul as a port and when I printed the itinerary it shows an overnight in Athens and stops in Crete and Rhodes. However when you try to actually book the cruise Istanbul shows up as an overnight port. Celebrity has to get their act together.

Pat

Just now I went to the U.S. website. When you bring up this cruise the initial map does not have Istanbul as a port and when I printed the itinerary it shows an overnight in Athens and stops in Crete and Rhodes. However when you try to actually book the cruise Istanbul shows up as an overnight port. Celebrity has to get their act together.

Pat

Celebrity is doing the best they can keeping their customers safe in a world plagued with barbarians. :rolleyes:

Celebrity is switching the Istanbul overnight for Athens. Greece is having elections in mid-september too, and greeks have no problems on taking the streets, Tsipras did exactly the opposite he promised, so moods in Greece are not that calm either...

Istanbul is safer than London and most U.S. cities. The only reason Celebrity is skipping it is the paranoia in the U.S. created by the media. This is providing an excellent opportunity to save massively on fuel cost by skipping the long track to Istanbul. Abysmal.

Istanbul is safer than London and most U.S. cities. The only reason Celebrity is skipping it is the paranoia in the U.S. created by the media. This is providing an excellent opportunity to save massively on fuel cost by skipping the long track to Istanbul. Abysmal.

I can honestly say that DH and I are not paranoid and we don't listen to the mainstream US media unless it's about the weather. We are on the 9/21 Reflection sailing and we have not been notified on a change. Celebrity has certainly not made mention of "skipping" because of our "paranoia." And by the way, we are U.S. citizens. There are lots of folks just like us over here.

If you are from the U.S., perhaps you are listening to a lot of the mainstream media? If you are not, may I respectfully suggest that you might ask some of us what we think before making such an assumption?

How absurd! If that were the case and Celebrity was just trying to save on fuel, they would not have put Istanbul on the itinerary this year or any year, especially in past years where fuel was much more expensive than it is now.:eek:

I have heard no hysteria from the US media regarding Turkey and Celebrity would not be making their decisions based on that anyway.

The only thing you said that I agree with is that Istanbul is probably as safe as or safer than London or most large US cities.

I don't agree with this at all. Turkey has a very porous border with Syria, which causes no problems for Jihadists. I'm not an excessively cautious person, but I would avoid Istanbul and other parts of Turkey where the Terrorists can easily target 'infidels'.

I can honestly say that DH and I are not paranoid and we don't listen to the mainstream US media unless it's about the weather. We are on the 9/21 Reflection sailing and we have not been notified on a change. Celebrity has certainly not made mention of "skipping" because of our "paranoia." And by the way, we are U.S. citizens. There are lots of folks just like us over here.

If you are from the U.S., perhaps you are listening to a lot of the mainstream media? If you are not, may I respectfully suggest that you might ask some of us what we think before making such an assumption?

Nicely said Diva.

I have seen more anti-yank activism in this forum than in Turkey itself... The "fuel saving" theory is senseless, especially when fuels are in historic lows.

BUT I have my own theory: Celebrity was originally a greek company, and most if its captains are greek, so probably arriving in Piraeus (their former home port) represents an easy way to deal with the turkish issue, due to familiarity and convenience with the port. along with a slight patriotism. IMVHO.

Edited by Pipo

How absurd! If that were the case and Celebrity was just trying to save on fuel, they would not have put Istanbul on the itinerary this year or any year, especially in past years where fuel was much more expensive than it is now.:eek:

I have heard no hysteria from the US media regarding Turkey and Celebrity would not be making their decisions based on that anyway.

The only thing you said that I agree with is that Istanbul is probably as safe as or safer than London or most large US cities.

You nailed it. I searched all of the major US networks (liberal leaning to conservative leaning) earlier today. Besides the name of the individual networks I added "Turkey and cruise". Results? Nothing that could be interpreted as paranoia. Nothing. Just ads and itinerary descriptions.

Edited by Rob the Cruiser

Hello, We are booked on 13 night Eastern Mediterrean Cruise on Celebrity Equinox leaving September 19 from Istanbul. We have not been contacted of any changes in our Intinerary? Is anyone o this cruise? Have you heard anything?

Hello, We are booked on 13 night Eastern Mediterrean Cruise on Celebrity Equinox leaving September 19 from Istanbul. We have not been contacted of any changes in our Intinerary? Is anyone o this cruise? Have you heard anything?

We are on this cruise, heard nothing yet, hope they will inform the folks who have flights arriving on the 19th...

It has nothing to do keeping customers safe, it depends on if the insurance company allows them to go to a port :D

Ok. So isn't that the same thing? Insurance won't let them go to port because there are known risks and if something happens they are liable