Turn A Round Time - Laundry

elkay68

Our last cruise on the Infinity, some of our laundry was lost. Not one two three or four pieces but five pieces. Six days before the cruise ended. The whole search and find process was totally disorganized. First time in 15 years. I no longer submit expensive items. Celebrity never found our missing pieces. And word of warning, compensation was ridiculous. Might as well bring on board Wallmart or Dollar Tree clothing.

If your cashmere jumpers can tolerate being washed in hot water and dried in a hot dryer, the answer is yes. I suspect they cannot. You could have them dry cleaned.

I have never had any laundry come back on hangers unless I paid the per piece price. What you send out in a bag comes back in the same bag. Usually somewhat wrinkled.

Linda

Thanks Linda. Think we'll save the cashmere wash for home. Might just have to buy another before we go to keep me going. Oh dear, how sad - such a shame!!

Thanks Linda. Think we'll save the cashmere wash for home. Might just have to buy another before we go to keep me going. Oh dear, how sad - such a shame!!

I've found their dry cleaning to work quite well. Unless you really want to run out and buy another jumper and it will fit in your suitcase. It's always fun to get something new! :)

We use the laundry service every cruise but never include delicates. When we have put laundry in on boarding it has tended to come back on hangers, better folded. Later in the cruise it is more likely to be wrinkled in the bag....

As someone said as it gets into the cruise more and more of those Elite coupons go in I guess and they do not have the time for the niceties of hangers.

Quick question: Is it possible to send out something and ask not to be put in dryer? I have a few things I do not dry.. I just hang up to dry. Will the laundry room do that for me? On the Reflection in a couple weeks. Thanks

I don't believe so. I would never take that chance. The only things I send to the laundry on Celebrity ships are things that have been washed and dried MANY TIMES at home.

I only put into the laundry things that are hard to damage!

If I need to wash delicates etc. I rinse out, drip on a sunny balcony, dry overnight in the room....if they need a press then I will put them in for it. On the whole we now have a cruise wardrobe that is based on very simple care!

Our first experience with the laundry was to pay the regular price. Everything came back ironed and on hangers; shirts were just super. I was so impressed; we don't have such a thing as a laundry service in our town.

Our next experience was with Elite coupons and then, and every time since, unless I just pay the regular price, everything comes back folded in a bag. I as really disappointed. Now, if I really want shirts done, I send those at the regular price and everything else, with a coupon.

And, knock wood, we have never had anything lost. Also, laundry is back the following day after sending.

Bill

Edited by spearmint

We have used Elite coupons for laundry several times. Our clothes come back folded in a paper bag. Never had any problems--but then, our clothes are fairly common! If we send laundry out before 8 or 9 in the morning, it comes back early afternoon of the next day. My DH buys “Traveler” long sleeve dress shirts from J. Banks. They are wonderful--can easily be worn without ironing. We rinse out anything delicate--roll in a bath towel--then hang in the closet overnight leaving the doors open. It is dry by morning.