Mykonos cafe - coffe shop windmill view

corvette2007cruiser

Does anyone know the name of the small resturant (cafe) that is on the way to the famous windmills that is right on the water.

If you go in early you van get to sit on the small balcony and have a perfect view of the windmills and turn around and watch the next door neighbor fish right off her balcony next door?

Other than the fantastic view /location all I can remember is the front doors painted in the typical Mykonos blue which does not help when most everything is painted in the same blue.

Would really appreciate hearing back from anyone that thinks they know the name or by what landmark it is at. If I looked from the windmills at the building I could tell you exactly where it is but not the other way around.

Does anyone know the name of the small resturant (cafe) that is on the way to the famous windmills that is right on the water. If you go in early you van get to sit on the small balcony and have a perfect view of the windmills and turn around and watch the next door neighbor fish right off her balcony next door? Other than the fantastic view /location all I can remember is the front doors painted in the typical Mykonos blue which does not help when most everything is painted in the same blue. Would really appreciate hearing back from anyone that thinks they know the name or by what landmark it is at. If I looked from the windmills at the building I could tell you exactly where it is but not the other way around.

Could it be the "Little Venice Fish Tavern"? I went back and look at some of my pictures from our wonderful visit to Mykonos. This one location has a covered patio area and faces towards those four windmills. Below is a picture of another dining place nearby that, as I re-call, is facing in that direction. As you can see, it is right near a classic church with a blue dome.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For Athens, Greece, check out this posting with many ideas, tips and exciting visuals for our visiting there and nearby. There have been over 11,164 views on this posting. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1101008

A Mykonos church with a dining area in front of this building:

MikChurDining.jpg

Are these the famed windmills you are seeking to be near? The are overlooking Mykonos right next to the main downtown, central shopping, harbor areas.:

Mik4WindMill.jpg

there are quite a few photo's on Google maps, if you look there, it might refresh your memory.

Thank you. I remember this resturant but it is not the one. This is literally one of the building you see from the windmills. And the little old lady comes out on her small balcony next door and fishes in the early am. The cafe,s balcony only seats about 6 and you can see the windmills your resturant everything.

Again thank you.

Kim

Thank you. I remember this resturant but it is not the one. This is literally one of the building you see from the windmills. And the little old lady comes out on her small balcony next door and fishes in the early am. The cafe,s balcony only seats about 6 and you can see the windmills your resturant everything. Again thank you. Kim

Appreciate your added background/info. As the picture below shows, there is the Veranda Cafe-Club-Cocktail Bar. Their website notes that they are "open from early in the morning offering coffee, breakfast or just a snack in our square by the aegean sea and a mesmerizing view of the windmills which are a traditional and archaeological place just 200m away." See more on their website:

http://www.verandamykonos.com

Is this helping and/or getting closer?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 203,621 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Here is my picture of Veranda Cafe-Club-Cocktail Bar:

Aug2015PixsA22_zpsipurfhvc.jpg

We were in Mykonos in July and enjoyed a delicious lunch and beautiful views of the windmills. The restaurant was Katarinas in Little Venice and had a balcony with a few tables overlooking the windmills. We were lucky enough to sit right behind the balcony and our view was spectacular. Hope this was helpful. I will try to post pictures as soon as I figure out how to do that.

We were in Mykonos in July and enjoyed a delicious lunch and beautiful views of the windmills. The restaurant was Katarinas in Little Venice and had a balcony with a few tables overlooking the windmills. We were lucky enough to sit right behind the balcony and our view was spectacular. Hope this was helpful. I will try to post pictures as soon as I figure out how to do that.

This could be the place if not the response one before your if you go to the link and you see all the buildings the cafe is app. 5 buildings from the end. It is with the littered red deck next to the next red deck.

We are all so close....

I just looked up the Karerinas Resturant and yes it looks like the place! It is a very small balcony and inside does look like what I remember even though we were there around 9am. Did not know it was a bar resturant because they were serving coffee etc. and it was really good coffee.

Only thing on the website that was missing was the little old lady that fishes next door. But then the photos were at night and I am sure she was already in bed and not out fishing off her balcony... Possible dancing and enjoying Mykonos at night.

Thank you I will check it out for sure when we are there in Oct and update this site either way.

Stay tuned....:)

I just looked up the Karerinas Resturant and yes it looks like the place! It is a very small balcony and inside does look like what I remember even though we were there around 9am. Did not know it was a bar resturant because they were serving coffee etc. and it was really good coffee.

Only thing on the website that was missing was the little old lady that fishes next door. But then the photos were at night and I am sure she was already in bed and not out fishing off her balcony... Possible dancing and enjoying Mykonos at night.

Thank you I will check it out for sure when we are there in Oct and update this site either way.

Stay tuned....:)

As soon as I read the start of your thread I thought of Katarina's. We had a lovely lunch there on the tiny balcony overlooking the windmills. One of favorite memories in the Greek Islands. In the pic there is a lady in red on the balcony next to Katarina's but she isn't fishing!

London_Night-2.jpg.ce5eeac76c915759739905b6e552caa4.jpg

Edited by happy_travellers

• 1 month later...
As soon as I read the start of your thread I thought of Katarina's. We had a lovely lunch there on the tiny balcony overlooking the windmills. One of favorite memories in the Greek Islands. In the pic there is a lady in red on the balcony next to Katarina's but she isn't fishing!

We also had a nice meal at Katerina's overlooking the windmills. Good food.