carnival approved power strip

Gardeneroflove

Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

I've searched, and the ones recommended on cc ARE surge protectors. I checked amazon and every power strip IS a surge protector?

So, what are we allowed to bring? We have too many electronics to charged to not bring one. We don't want it taken away.

Thanks.

So what is Carnivals issue with surge protection?

Too technical for me to completely get into, however it has to do with the homes or land based facilities are grounded to earth vs. how a ships electrical system is grounded.

On a ship the GFI or surge protection could actually overheat the ships circuits and cause a major electrical fire.

Too technical for me to completely get into, however it has to do with the homes or land based facilities are grounded to earth vs. how a ships electrical system is grounded.

On a ship the GFI or surge protection could actually overheat the ships circuits and cause a major electrical fire.

that actually makes perfect sense. I completely forgot that ships power is generator power on water. I know enough about electrical to wire a home properly, MC panel and all but still be dangerous with the knowledge. :D

It just didnt click as to why, now it does. that you for the response