Bottled Water Question - CC members to my rescue!

ccahope

Hi everyone! I need answers pretty quick. My sister and her family are cruising September 6 on the Allure of the Seas out of Barcelona. She asked me if she could buy a case of water to take on the ship. I told her that I was unsure but that "my community" would let me know pretty darn quick! I looked on the RC website but I couldn't find prices for the water package.

Does anyone know the price of the water package?

Is there a way around the water package?

Can she take a case of water on board?

If so, do she have to check it with the luggage?

Thanks in Advance!

Hi everyone! I need answers pretty quick. My sister and her family are cruising September 6 on the Allure of the Seas out of Barcelona. She asked me if she could buy a case of water to take on the ship. I told her that I was unsure but that "my community" would let me know pretty darn quick! I looked on the RC website but I couldn't find prices for the water package.

Does anyone know the price of the water package?

Is there a way around the water package?

Can she take a case of water on board?

If so, do she have to check it with the luggage?

Thanks in Advance!

See the water package here:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Bringing water onboard is against the rules, but they usually don't enforce that rule.

The answer to your question about bringing a case of water is this. Depending on how you interpret the RC rules, some people say you cannot, some say you can. If you look through the discussions, a lot of people slap a luggage tag on the water and it gets delivered with your luggage. So yes, go for it. Now as to my opinion, which you've not solicited, I think lugging a case of water on board is silly. The drinking water on board is just fine. However, YMMV and to each their own. If you want it, do it. It's your voyage![emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by traveler279

The drinking water onboard is perfectly fine to drink and tastes great!

Having said that, I have taken cases of water onboard many times to use on excursions (as well as cases of soda) and never had an issue. I slap a luggage tag or two on the case and check it with the porters at the terminal along with the rest of my luggage. It has always shown up outside my door with the rest of the luggage!

One disclaimer: I have only done this on departures from the U.S., never from Europe. Not sure if things are different at the European cruise terminals.

When we went to Europe, we bought the bottles with the charcoal filters. This was really great when off the ship. The bottled water there is very expensive and this save us lots of money. We filled them on the ship, cooled them in the cooler and refilled as we went during the day. This was the best investment we made to save money. We actually took them the last cruise. We never got sick from drinking the local water and I have always had issues with that part! May they have a blast!

BTW you can get these next day delivery from Amazon. We use Brita as you can replace the filter easily.

• 2 weeks later...

Ice water (tap water) is included and fine to drink...after all, all your food, ice and beverages is made with the same water that comes from the dispensers and your sink. Ay bar or eating venue will give you ice water. They only charge for BOTTLED water..and hefty prices, at that!

Edited by cb at sea

So, in regard to the drinking water - so they charge just for plain old drinking water if you have your own water bottle and ask for it to be filled? I'm debating the need for a beverage package.

Thanks!

You can fill up your water bottle by going to a water dispenser filling a glass then filling your bottle. This is free.

FYI, because it's not easy info to find and it's good to know...with the water packages you get Evian and they are 1 Liter bottles. We did not know that, and ordered a 24 bottle package for my son LOL. 24 liters is quite a bit of water. :)

If you just buy bottled water on the ship, you get the normal size water bottles, and it's Evian, and it's something like $4.25 for that bottle.

If you buy one of the drinks packages that includes bottled "still" water, you will NOT get Evian, but will get another spring water like Crystal Geyser.