Pizza on the Summit

marshabear

Hi,

The pizza on Celebrity is good. It is a thinner crust pizza. Atleast that is what they had on the Summit this month. They normally have a cheese, cheese and pepperoni, veggie and one other. I have seen a sign that said you can order a pizza. It takes 15 mins. I dont know if you can custom your pizza.

On the M-Class ships the pizza place is in the Oceanveiw Cafe and Grill aft starboard side. It is where they do eggs benedict in the morning.

Hi,

The pizza on Celebrity is good. It is a thinner crust pizza. Atleast that is what they had on the Summit this month. They normally have a cheese, cheese and pepperoni, veggie and one other. I have seen a sign that said you can order a pizza. It takes 15 mins. I dont know if you can custom your pizza.

On the M-Class ships the pizza place is in the Oceanveiw Cafe and Grill aft starboard side. It is where they do eggs benedict in the morning.

If you special order they will make just about anything (and you dont need to take the whole pie). On the Reflection I even had one made for me without cheese (due to lactose issues). The Pizza chef, a gent from Italy, made up a mix of toppings that was fantastic. It had several meats, veggies, and loads of herbs..

Steve.

I could survive on pizza and beer.....on the Silhouette it was a very thin crust, and I was not a big fan of it, it was OK, but if I had ordered that at a restaurant, would be sending it back.

The room service pizza (on the silhouette, at least) is a much thicker, chewier, pan-style crust than the thin crust pizza pictured above and served on the buffet. I highly recommend it!

If your DH like frozen grocery store pizza he will like Summit's pizza. If he is like my DH and will only eat a " real Italian Pizza" from an authentic Italian Restaurant, he will wait till he gets back home to eat a pizza.

I agree, Celebrity doesn't have good pizza. Princess beats all other Cruise lines.

I think the Pizza on celebrity ships is much better than frozen. I have had it on M class and S class ships and found it to be pretty good. We prefer the thin crust and they do a good job on that.

Obviously, If the pizza has been sitting for a while, it's not as good as fresh.

Dave

If your DH like frozen grocery store pizza he will like Summit's pizza. If he is like my DH and will only eat a " real Italian Pizza" from an authentic Italian Restaurant, he will wait till he gets back home to eat a pizza.

ITA with this. After a long night with lots of drinks this pizza hits the spot. (But I really prefer the pasta station!) Would never order the pizza otherwise.

We are leaving on the Summit in a couple weeks and I read these posts with interest. After the joke that is Sorento's Pizza on the Allure, this has to be better.

Maybe not as good, I hear, as the Princess pizza's I had gotten used to. I do miss those as a pizza addict.

We are leaving on the Summit in a couple weeks and I read these posts with interest. After the joke that is Sorento's Pizza on the Allure, this has to be better.

Maybe not as good, I hear, as the Princess pizza's I had gotten used to. I do miss those as a pizza addict.

I can confirm it is much better than Sorrento's. :)

I agree and I see you are also from NY. We hold pizza to a higher standard. I don't think Celebrity pizza is even as good as a frozen pizza. The sauce was acid and the crust although thin was like rubber. I don't know what the pizza is like in Ohio so maybe it won't be a problem for the OP. With that said if you are cruising to eat pizza than Princess cruise line has the best NY style pizza at sea.

Edited by Iamcruzin

I agree and I see you are also from NY. We hold pizza to a higher standard. I don't think Celebrity pizza is even as good as a frozen pizza. The sauce was acid and the crust although thin was like rubber. I don't know what the pizza is like in Ohio so maybe it won't be a problem for the OP. With that said if you are cruising to eat pizza than Princess cruise line has the best NY style pizza at sea.

Agreed. Not worth is unless you require some bread and grease before bed to prevent a hangover.

we def don't cruise for the pizza, but DH does enjoy it if it is good.....

Carnival used to have great pizza but now its so so at best....Princess was not to our liking surprisingly...we enjoyed it on Allure OTS...

so I guess to each his own and we will see in a few weeks!

Marsha

I agree that it tastes like a good frozen pizza. If you get enough toppings, then it could disguise the crust. Definitely not Frank Pepe's or Grimaldi's.

I agree that it tastes like a good frozen pizza. If you get enough toppings, then it could disguise the crust. Definitely not Frank Pepe's or Grimaldi's.

Now if they ever opened a Pepe's on Celebrity! OMG. How I love their clam pizza with bacon! Or just the plain. YUM

If ever in NYC try Zero Otto Nove--originated in the Bronx on Arthur Ave but they have an outlet in Manhattan too. The best!