What stores carry Carnival Gift Cards?

aflyingbuttress

I've googled and searched the forums here and other than mentions of Verizon, AARP (which are limited) and Kroger (which isn't local to me), all, I see are mentions of them being available at "9000 retail locations". But what retail locations? I need to buy a physical one as a gift and can't wait for shipping at the moment. Is there a list of stores somewhere?

I've googled and searched the forums here and other than mentions of Verizon, AARP (which are limited) and Kroger (which isn't local to me), all, I see are mentions of them being available at "9000 retail locations". But what retail locations? I need to buy a physical one as a gift and can't wait for shipping at the moment. Is there a list of stores somewhere?

From http://www.carnivalgiftcards.com/faq.aspx

Q: What is a Carnival Gift Card?

A: The Carnival Gift Card is a pre-paid gift card similar to a gift certificate that can be used as payment toward a cruise booking on any of our ships*, pre-purchased shore excursion, spa experience or toward your onboard spending account. The gift card may be purchased online at http://www.carnivalgiftcards.com, directly onboard Carnival Cruise Lines fleet operating within the US, or at approximately 9,000 retail locations; including Kroger, Giant Eagle, Hyvee, Price Chopper, Safeway, Meijer, Albertsons, Lowes, Winn Dixie and Office Max. Publix will join the list of retail locations in the 1st quarter of 2015. Gift card may be redeemed online at http://www.Carnival.com or directly onboard. It's more convenient than cash or a paper gift certificate. *Not applicable to the Carnival Spirit based in Australia

I'm in CT, close to the MA border. The only store near me in that list is Lowes, but they didn't have any. I've read the paragraph posted above on Carnivals site but it mentions about 10 stores out of the 9000. They don't have an actual list somewhere?

Some stores may have them, but they're not always easy to locate, depending on how the cards are displayed. At the Kroger and Giant Eagle stores here, the Carnival gift cards are usually right by the Southwest Airlines gift cards.

Why not get a Carnival e-card? You won't have to scurry around trying to find the cards. Easy!:)

Publix offers them. Hubby bought one this past Wednesday. He asked for a 5% Sr Citizen discount because he bought some groceries as well. Publix offers 5% discount for Sr Citizen every Wednesday. We noticed that even the gift card was included in the discount. Now I'm not sure if the cashier made the mistake but i will try it again this Wednesday:).

I have seen them at Lowes, and Albertson's. May have even seen them at one Walgreens. You can also purchase them Online at NewEgg, and if you use an AMEX Card and use the AMEX checkout, they will give you a $10 Statement Credit.

I have seen them at every location I have checked that sells gift cards, honestly they are not that hard to find.................:cool:

Perhaps they are in your area but not in mine. I have checked at Lowes, CVS, Stop & Shop, Big Y, Rite Aid, & Walgreens. I looked through each stores wall of gift cards carefully and they aren't there. I asked at lowes because that store was on the small list I have but they said they don't have them. I have seen Southwest Airlines, not Carnival. The other stores mentioned here are not near me. The only thing left I can think to check would be Target and Walmart, possibly Kohls. There might be a store very near to me that has them, but having already gone to 5 stores in order to find them takes the "not that hard to find" portion of you're statement out of it.

I might just have to get an gift card. The person I am getting it for would just enjoy the physical card. It's a small thing but it makes her happy.

I have seen them at every location I have checked that sells gift cards, honestly they are not that hard to find.................:cool:

It depends on where you are from. Not all of the stores listed such as Lowe's, Kroger, always carry them. When we went on our February cruise, I tried all of those stores listed and none of them carried the Carnival cards. Every time I see a display of cards, I always check to see if they have Carnival cards and I've yet to find them in a store. I just get mine through Carnival.

It depends on where you are from. Not all of the stores listed such as Lowe's, Kroger, always carry them. When we went on our February cruise, I tried all of those stores listed and none of them carried the Carnival cards. Every time I see a display of cards, I always check to see if they have Carnival cards and I've yet to find them in a store. I just get mine through Carnival.

Wow that stinks as today alone I saw some at LOWES, WalMart, Target.....??

• 8 months later...

I just saw them for the first time (that I noticed) at Stop & Shop. I was hoping they were having a special deal like 5x Gas Points, but they didn't have that this week. Even so, may be worth it to buy a few at a time just to get the everyday gas points.

I saw them this morning at our Kroger store. Going to pick up a few next Wednesday, the day before we fly to Florida for our Valor cruise! They have them with a $25-$500 value. Funny, they are located at the bottom of the rack here too!

Edited by jordanaire