Celebrity UK sale

Mynki

Ends on 01/09/15.

Just had a look at the UK site and prices for some cruises are considerably cheaper than our usual US travel agent. I've mailed them and they've admitted that they just can't compete on price (£550 less per person on the cruise we're interested in) or perks :-

Free premium beverage pack

Free Internet

$300 OBC

In AQ or above etc.

What are other peoples thoughts on this? Worth booking or will deals on 2016 prices drop further if we wait a while?

Ends on 01/09/15.

Just had a look at the UK site and prices for some cruises are considerably cheaper than our usual US travel agent. I've mailed them and they've admitted that they just can't compete on price (£550 less per person on the cruise we're interested in) or perks :-

Free Internet

$300 OBC

In AQ or above etc.

What are other peoples thoughts on this? Worth booking or will deals on 2016 prices drop further if we wait a while?

If it's that good get it booked.

Ends on 01/09/15.

Free Internet

$300 OBC

In AQ or above etc.

The effects of the recent stock markets turbulence seems to have been a wobble for sterling against the US$. That would indicate to me that you should jump in while the going is good. It is what I would do, if I should be looking to book a cruise but I am not and the decision has to be yours.

The effects of the recent stock markets turbulence seems to have been a wobble for sterling against the US$. That would indicate to me that you should jump in while the going is good. It is what I would do, if I should be looking to book a cruise but I am not and the decision has to be yours.

I think it's largely due to an X ship sailing from the UK. I prefer the flexibility of US travel agents and wonder if the price will dip stateside later on. I guess I'm being silly and wanting to have my cake and eat it. :rolleyes:

What, a sale that's available to UK but not US residents, no fair! :rolleyes::):rolleyes:

Ha! Last four cruises booked were through a US travel agent. It just goes to show it's always worth checking all options though.

I booked my Alaska 16 cruise a while back - its gone up slightly (not much though) since - and I also got the 123 in AQ class.

I bought it cruise only and waited for flight prices as flights with Celebrity were just silly prices to Seattle. Managed to get one of us a seat on Avios - and paying for the other one - so great deal all round. Worked out at around £800 for both of us for Seattle flights against £2600 (exact same flights) with Celebrity! I dont know why Celebrity's air is so expensive on that one have usually found from UK its cheaper to fly cruise.

The way I look it is - if we cant go - pay the £35 each and move the deposit to another cruise - simple enough. In fact, you can move even to RCI if you wish - you cant get deposit back of course being UK - but you can transfer it and pay the admin.

Id book it :)

I think it's largely due to an X ship sailing from the UK. I prefer the flexibility of US travel agents and wonder if the price will dip stateside later on. I guess I'm being silly and wanting to have my cake and eat it. :rolleyes:

Yes but if the pound continues to fall, whatever you gain on US price drops, you lose on the exchange rate difference.

Ends on 01/09/15.

Free Internet

$300 OBC

In AQ or above etc.

Hi

Which cruise ???

Yes but if the pound continues to fall, whatever you gain on US price drops, you lose on the exchange rate difference.

This is true, however we own investment properties in the US and have monitored this closely over the last few years, it's not a major concern right now. Though final payment for our November cruise is due tomorrow, the exchange rate is very slightly favourable in this instance.

Just keep in mind that there are vastly different conditions for booking in u.k.

Canceling for instance, is not the same.

The cancellation policy is that you lose your £150 deposit, or just £35 if you pay an admin fee to change cruises. Not as good as a US TA. Though the UK (And EU) have much better consumer protection laws than the US on the flipside. With the overall saving I think it will be worth it. The UK room change / upgrade process is not as inflexible as I at first thought either.

Hi

Which cruise ???

It applies to many, but we're looking at the July 3rd 2016 Scandanavian / Russia itinerary.

I think you will find that you need to act soon as the "all inclusive" offers finish on 1st September.

Yep, my first sentence in my first post. :) We booked four staterooms as eight of us will be travelling. I figured that if the price does dip in the US we won't lose by much and the included perks are better. Internet access is of real value to us so it's all good.

We have just booked Bermuda with this deal very happy with the price but the European sailings in Summer seem really high prices!

It will be interesting to see what happens to prices this week, when the current offer changes.

STuart