Room decor packages for birthdays or anniversary

shanley

Anyone have experience with pre-ordering the room decor packages for a birthday? My daughter's 12th birthday is on embarkation day. The prices seem high for what you are getting. Also, I can only see a thumbnail size photo of the decorations.

NON-DELUXE Package includes:

1 Magnetic Door Decoration

1 Mirror Cling

1 Wire Photo Cable w/Clips

2 Hanging Ceiling Decor

1 Photo Frame

DELUXE Package includes:

1 Set of Pillow Cases

1 Beach Towel

1 Mirror Cling

2 Hanging Ceiling Decor

1 Photo Frame

Anyone have pictures or opinions?

I saw on youtube a child's cabin was decorated by the steward (not with the package above) and they received a gift from the kids club. Is this common?

I've seen the decorations and don't think they are anything special for the price. And, there are times that they do not go up before your arrival.:eek: They'll get them up when they can.:rolleyes: So, I'd visit the $$$ store before you leave home and at the first opportunity, distract DD, get her out of the cabin and do the place up yourself.;)

I have decorated the stateroom and stateroom door many times with dollar store decorations. I agree with others that from what I have seen the RCL decoration packages are not worth it.

I have also printed and laminated pictures / graphics from the internet. It is all part of the fun of planning for the vacation!

They changed what is provided in the decoration packages in the last couple of months.

I ordered the Deluxe Anniversary package on the Grandeur the last week of July. I thought the color scheme was nice. The two pillow cases (which we used only during the day), and the beach towel were good quality, and we took them home (as well as the picture frame.)

Much better than the generic "congratulations" package from a couple of years ago.

My wife certainly appreciated the decorations.

Aloha,

John

On our recent July Oasis cruise my daughter and son surprised DW with the deluxe package. We were both surprised as the stateroom door had a rather large magnetic sign saying SURPRISE!. I can't find a picture of the door but here are some shots of the room.

DSC01992_zpsz7hpeftc.jpg

DSC01994_zpsmi1f9x10.jpg

DSC01991_zps1j55lcs7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate the responses about the room decor. I think I will just bring a few things from home and make a magnetic door sign.

Does RCI bring a small cake in the MDR for birthdays? I know other cruise lines do it. I don't really want to order a cake that feeds 8 when only 2 will eat it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I appreciate the responses about the room decor. I think I will just bring a few things from home and make a magnetic door sign.

Does RCI bring a small cake in the MDR for birthdays? I know other cruise lines do it. I don't really want to order a cake that feeds 8 when only 2 will eat it.

Royal brings one small piece of cake for the person who is having the birthday.

Royal brings one small piece of cake for the person who is having the birthday.

Thanks. I think I'll let DD have a piece of cake just for her and not bother with ordering a cake. Save the money for other things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

Hi, I noticed that when attempting to buy birthday decorations for my oasis of the seas cruise, it specifically says the decorations are not available on .... And it lists a bunch of ships including the oasis. Does that mean none are allowed anymore? Or they just don’t offer them on those ships?

Hi, I noticed that when attempting to buy birthday decorations for my oasis of the seas cruise, it specifically says the decorations are not available on .... And it lists a bunch of ships including the oasis. Does that mean none are allowed anymore? Or they just don’t offer them on those ships?

You can decorate your stateroom however you like. They are just saying that they don't offer the decoration service on the listed ships.

Anyone have experience with pre-ordering the room decor packages for a birthday? My daughter's 12th birthday is on embarkation day. The prices seem high for what you are getting. Also, I can only see a thumbnail size photo of the decorations.

NON-DELUXE Package includes:

1 Mirror Cling

2 Hanging Ceiling Decor

1 Photo Frame

DELUXE Package includes:

1 Set of Pillow Cases

1 Beach Towel

1 Mirror Cling

2 Hanging Ceiling Decor

1 Photo Frame

Anyone have pictures or opinions?

I saw on youtube a child's cabin was decorated by the steward (not with the package above) and they received a gift from the kids club. Is this common?

Decorations used to be way better than they are now. You are better off going to Party City or something like that and bringing your own. We were totally disappointed that we paid for our anniversary decorations. They were totally lame compared to what they used to be like.

I ordered the anniversary package for our room. I'm hoping it was worth it. The description made it sound very nice.

For us too. I ordered the anniversary decorations for our next cruise on the Allure next December 2 as it will be our 30th on December 4. Looking forward to DW's surprise.

My girlfriend ordered one of the packages for us on our last cruise. It was a great surprise and the streamer things that hang from the ceiling are magnetic! I took the decorations off the clips and used them to hang our tour tickets, hats, day planner etc. I brought it home and it will be going with us on our next cruise!

I read on a previous thread how people ordered a package prior to their cruise and certain things (cake) didn't make it or they were out of something. With that in mind for my Wife's 40th b-day cruise in March I hit Party City and $ store to collect what I wanted. I spoke with the maitre'd on the first night prior to dinner and ordered a cake ($25) for a surprise at dinner on Day 2. Everything worked out great except for the surprise part at dinner. They brought the cake out and left it on the prep station for about 10 mins and our 4 yr old and his cousin said there's your cake :). Surprise!!! They eventually sang happy B-day to her. The cake was very good.

One of her friends (who wasn't traveling with us) ordered her a surprise package and it never made it. RC called us and offered my wife a towel or beach bag as a gift. They left both for her in our room.

Loricake1.jpg.21cb7ea4ed3dc8e1d4dd9470890c6f2b.jpg

I bought the anniversary package for our 25th onboard Liberty a couple of years ago. Got the one with the cake. My wife was very appreciative of the effort, so that made it worthwhile to me.

In hindsight, if I were to do it again, I'd go without the cake. It was ok, but there are just so many other dessert options that we hardly ate any of it.

The large anniversary heart from the door was on our fridge until quite recently.

I ordered the anniversary package for our cruise last year (for our 20th) to surprise my wife, and saw nothing. I complained to GS, and they refunded the money, and then that night, the cake showed up. The cake was good, but the whole point was to have decorations when we arrived.

Going on Oasis this month for our 25th anniversary, bought decorations at Party City, I wanted 25th specific ones! I got the sticky stuff that comes off and leaves no residue. I also have magnetic strip tape also in case needed.