Using an Ipad to take pictures

MaryLS

So, being technology challenged, how do I do it. Whenever I turn on my ipad it asks for wifi/internet connection.

You can ignore that. Or go to settings and turn wifi off and it won't ask again. The camera works just fine without wifi or you responding to that question. Just use the camera app symbol and the camera will work.

Does anyone know if I can take pictures with an ipad on the ship without having wifi connection? I don't want to send them...just want to use the ipad as a camera.

Just put it in airplane mode. Everything works just fine, the camera, your editing software, most of your games, your Kindle app. No issues at all, and no connection to the outside to run up fees. There are two ways to put it in airplane mode. On the Home screen touch settings, and then slide the toglle under airplane mode to the right until it turns green, and it is in airplane mode. You can verify because there will be a small airplane icon where you usually see the network connection.

Edited by zqvol

As has been said, put it in Airplane Mode & you're good to go. I use this case http://smile.amazon.com/iPad-Mini-Case-Kids-Lightweight/dp/B00L2J7J3E/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1440989903&sr=8-4&keywords=ipad+mini+childs+case for mine. The handle makes it less likely that I'll drop it. I have the mini but it also come in full size.

Just don't hold an iPad or iPhone over the edge of the railing while doing so. Wish there was some way to put a wrist strap on them. I saw aa "ooops" once. Bad news.

Me, too. I would like to use my phone as a camera more often but I am afraid I'm going to say "ooops" (or something much worse ;)).