Celebrity Luggage Valet

Bird Dad

Here's the form from my recent Silhouette sailing (5Feb-12Feb, 2017) - Hope it'll help clarify some of the details for you.

And LV was advertised in the Celebrity Today forms, directing one down to Guest Services to request a form.

Also as a "trick", I was told that the cutoff times for Luggage Valet will be the same as the flight times for the airport transfers and excursions w/airport dropoff... so if airport transfers require a flight no earlier than 11:30 AM that's what LV will also require. N = 1, but that's exactly what I saw on my past experience with this.

LuggageValet-Front_Feb2017.pdf

LuggageValet-Back_Feb2017.pdf

Also, (at least for Delta) you can check yourself in at the 24h mark and then let them [LV] print boarding passes and luggage tags for you. I did that since I'm a little OCD and always check myself in as soon as on-line check in opens for a flight since it can have some (minor) bearing on my frequent flier perks. Didn't have any negative effect on my use of the LV program.

Luggage Valet Blurb was in the Celebrity Today pamphlet, bottom left corner of the 2nd page (backside of the cover page) - day 3 (so Feb 7 on a Feb 5 to Feb 12 sailing). Completed forms were due by Feb 10th on that sailing.

Here's just that one page for reference (the whole pamphlet is too big for the allowed files sizes here unfortunately).

7Feb2017-LV.pdf

Darn. That stinks. I would rather deal with my luggage than have bad seats (possibly separate seats) on my long flight home on Southwest. Guess no luggage valet for us.

Even with luggage valet, you can check in yourself while on the ship if Celebrity has not yet done it for you. So you can get that boarding position number and when Celebrity checks you in it will get the number you had received on your own.

Because it isn't Southwest's program, they can't give you the 100% answer but, having flown on Southwest dozens of times (some with EBCI), I can tell you that once you are checked in, you don't get rechecked in. Since EBCI checks you in, all the valet would be doing is printing boarding passes, which they wouldn't even need to do as you could use a mobile boarding pass or have it printed at the airport.

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know if this service will be available on the Solstice when it returns to Seattle this May? Everything I've seen only addresses Miami and Ft Lauderdale ... probably because Celebrity doesn't currently have cruises sailing in and out of Seattle during this time of the year.

Also, I believe (unless something better comes up) that we will be flying on Southwest. Is that one of the available airlines, if indeed, they do have this service in SeaTac when Celebrity resumes their Seattle sailings?

We were able to use Luggage Valet on our March 3 FLL debarkation from Equinox with Southwest.. The cost is now $25 per person.. Worked perfectly for us. My only "complaint" was that we did not receive our tags and checkin until 8:00 PM the evening before. Spent a lot of time wondering "Did we make it ?" Make sure you keep the paperwork that comes with the tags/passes, since that is the only luggage information you will have. The tags do not have a passenger receipt.

Does anybody know if this service will be available on the Solstice when it returns to Seattle this May? Everything I've seen only addresses Miami and Ft Lauderdale ... probably because Celebrity doesn't currently have cruises sailing in and out of Seattle during this time of the year.

Also, I believe (unless something better comes up) that we will be flying on Southwest. Is that one of the available airlines, if indeed, they do have this service in SeaTac when Celebrity resumes their Seattle sailings?

You will never know until almost the end of your cruise if available because of a minimum number of qualified passengers must sign up.

Options are a wonderful thing!!

This works for us as we are not going directly from the plane to the cruise line. We are coming in a day early as we come from the west coast and staying an extra day in FLL after we disembark.

The Luggage Forward option gives us the ability to just deal with our carry ons for the two extra days instead of lugging around our luggage.