LIVE from OASIS (Sept. 5, 2015) - Pics, Periscope & Prospectus

So funny! My grandparents had a time share across the street from squid lips in Sebastian. I spent a week or more every summer on the Indian River! When they added squid lips a decade or so ago it was so nice to have a good restaurant in that area it was desperately needed!

Sent from my iPhone

Ha, very nice. They have a pretty good row of restaurants there on the water now.

Periscope.com seems to be an advertising site, there are not 3 people at the bottom to click on. It discusses how they help brands manage their images, etc. I'll just watch him on my phone even though it hurts my eyes. Being over 50 sucks. Thanks for the help, though1

Come on Maureen!!! You can do it.

Okay, so I was forced to download periscope on the iPad to keep up. It looks great in landscape mode. Only been around for one live one and there was no sound. Maybe because there was a lot of buffering going on.

Got caught up on all the replays. 9 weeks till we are onboard.

VICTORY!!!

FDF46875-7087-468D-919E-6C1E7164D0E8_zpsspziq3ms.jpg

Am I excited to see the Carnival Victory in port with us? No. I'm saying it was a victory for us that we were up early enough to actually get off the ship in Nassau. With a short 7am-2pm stay in Nassau, odds were that we would blow it off and just go to the Solarium.

The Majesty of the Seas also joined us today.

6731F135-F4AA-4B52-A20C-4B0BF0E89CB0_zpsvt7yn09d.jpg

Okay, so I was forced to download periscope on the iPad to keep up. It looks great in landscape mode. Only been around for one live one and there was no sound. Maybe because there was a lot of buffering going on.

Got caught up on all the replays. 9 weeks till we are onboard.

I like the landscape as well. Someone keeps typing that I should not do it in landscape.

And as far as having no audio, make sure your phone or tablet is not in silent mode or on vibrate.

Edited by Yorkvillain

We made the 20-minute walk over to Junkanoo Beach and spent about an hour there before returning to the ship and relaxing in the Solarium.

The Speedo Sausage Smuggling Squad was out in full force today, both at the beach and on the ship. Sorry, no pictures of those (see post #55 of my Quantum review if you want to see something similar).

Some speedo-less photos:

3C4321F0-5635-4592-96C2-CD322A0A625B_zpsvydaw59e.jpg

74E1CB94-E739-4741-830B-FFF9491D068B_zpsov18ofcb.jpg

0240B9D6-1661-487E-ADEC-B4C8F3D3195A_zps7ewvrxa9.jpg

Of course my gators made the trip to Junkanoo with me. But like usual, those lazy bums didn't walk for 20 minutes like we did. Instead, they just relaxed in my beach bag while I huffed and puffed the entire way.

DE513D48-594D-4D4E-8351-3A8AB9DDBD04_zps5vsj7sxf.jpg

Then it was time for a coconut.

2A35520E-F82A-40B0-8CBD-DD16ED586135_zpsqbur70zu.jpg

The gators heard the rumor that I was drinking a coconut, so when I went in the water they tried their best to steal it away from me.

2AB3A7AA-ECE2-4590-910D-5AB329C07366_zpsnohblvfs.jpg

Hahaha. The jokes on you gators. It was empty! Nice try, idiots.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Also at dinner tonight I had the bay scallops gratin.

image_zpszh3sihyx.jpg

I had the beef tenderloin for the entree but I forgot to take a picture. The appetizer and entree were both pretty good. I thought the soufflé was ok but not great.

Now it's time for bed since I'm typing this with one eye completely shut.

Day 2 Fitbit steps: 15,425 (and I didn't even go to the gym!)

The war on roastbeef standings: Me 4, RB 0

Edited by Yorkvillain

Greetings from Canada!...I totally enjoyed the scope from the meet and mingle. Bummer you didn't win anything though:(

I noticed you zoomed in to the prize table...cool...what are you using with the periscope to zoom?...if you don't mind me asking...

My hubby is a geek..has over 1,000 Apps on his ipad ..but I introduced him to periscope because of you! Got many brownie points because of that...can you say new iphone7 ???

We will be on Allure in January....keep up the excellent job!...and thank you for your time to do this for all of us!

@Maureen

I can't figure it out either....I was stuck on that periscope.com, then I tried periscope.tv but there is no 3 person icon. Only download links to the apple app store and google play - which, of course cannot be downloaded to a pc. I also tried the andy one....won't work. I even tried downloading a different program (like andy) but it kicked off everytime I tried to go it so I just deleted it.

I cannot download it to my Blackberry or an old Galaxy. Now trying to download to a newer Galaxy - but just hangs - it's been trying to download for 30 minutes now. Super frustrating!

So sad I'm missing out....I did try that link someone posted but it had expired. That was the closest I actually came to something working.

On another note, I'm loving the review though and great sense of humor! Just wish I could get it working for me.

Greetings from Canada!...I totally enjoyed the scope from the meet and mingle. Bummer you didn't win anything though:(

I noticed you zoomed in to the prize table...cool...what are you using with the periscope to zoom?...if you don't mind me asking...

My hubby is a geek..has over 1,000 Apps on his ipad ..but I introduced him to periscope because of you! Got many brownie points because of that...can you say new iphone7 ???

We will be on Allure in January....keep up the excellent job!...and thank you for your time to do this for all of us!

Thanks! To zoom in or out its the same as if you were zooming in or out on a picture or article on an iPhone or iPad. I use my thumb and pointer finger to pull away on the screen or push together.