Adult only pool on the Escape?

kteg1752

Just got back on the Breakaway to Bermuda. I need to comment about the pool situation. The breakaway has two main pools. THe kids and the adult pool (these are in addition to the Haven pool which is enclosed and basically hidden from view)

Anyway, the kids pool has assorted kids stuff, like Spongebob, and a few other characters. It has special kids features that they all were loving every time we passed it. Now here comes the problem.

The adults only pool is GENERALLY full of adults. There were a fair amount of teen kids in the pool during heavy uses times like contests and etc.

The point is they do NOT enforce the adults only part ! And guess what? I ALSO blame the parents on this. But primarily Norwegian, because there is no lifeguard or anyone to enforce it, other than the "Vessel Security" people walking around watching people getting blasted drunk from the unlimited drink package. Just my 2 cents on this topic !! Thanks and enjoy !

In the link above, it talks about the "tandem" water slides. "Make it the best of three on Aqua Racer, the newest tandem waterslide at sea."

I don't get it. How can you race someone on one slide? The freefalls are obvious, the family one is the yellow one, the only other slide is the blue/purple one...what am I not understanding? lol

In the link above, it talks about the "tandem" water slides. "Make it the best of three on Aqua Racer, the newest tandem waterslide at sea."

I don't get it. How can you race someone on one slide? The freefalls are obvious, the family one is the yellow one, the only other slide is the blue/purple one...what am I not understanding? lol

I've been trying to figure that one out as well! We might have to wait for a report back on that one.

So heres the thing. There weren't any little kids in the adult pool. BUT, there were too many underage kids say early teens or so, in the adult pool. Seemingly unsupervised.

At one point during a "guys best legs" contest it was a bit risque and the Assistant cruise director made a comment that the kids in the pool had to leave, but nothing was done or enforced. It was just unnecessary considering the HUGE amount of people in a smaller/medium pool. Plus as mentioned above, inappropriate at times.

So heres the thing. There weren't any little kids in the adult pool. BUT, there were too many underage kids say early teens or so, in the adult pool. Seemingly unsupervised.

At one point during a "guys best legs" contest it was a bit risque and the Assistant cruise director made a comment that the kids in the pool had to leave, but nothing was done or enforced. It was just unnecessary considering the HUGE amount of people in a smaller/medium pool. Plus as mentioned above, inappropriate at times.

On our Getaway cruise, there was an attendant there every single day kicking out anyone who appeared to be a teen. No one younger even tried, and the older ones lasted about 30 second max, before he'd get them out of there. I guess it just depends who is working that day.

On our Getaway cruise, there was an attendant there every single day kicking out anyone who appeared to be a teen. No one younger even tried, and the older ones lasted about 30 second max, before he'd get them out of there. I guess it just depends who is working that day.

So for teens the only option is to swim is in the kiddie pool with all the toddlers and plastic characters? My 13 year old is 6 feet tall- I don't think that seems like a good option? Hmmmm

So for teens the only option is to swim is in the kiddie pool with all the toddlers and plastic characters? My 13 year old is 6 feet tall- I don't think that seems like a good option? Hmmmm

I swam in the family pool, which is basically the same size as the main (adult pool), but not quite as deep. There are no plastic characters. I think you are confusing the kid's splash area with the family pool.

And if you chose this ship for the pool, I'm sorry. Most the teens are too busy doing the ropes course or giant slides to worry about the pool. My 11 year old (who is 5'10', so catching your son), was in the pool on embarkation day for about 10 minutes. He never found time to return to the pool again the entire cruise because he was too busy doing other things. I believe he said, "I can swim anywhere."

Here is a picture of the family pool on BA/GA:

ncl-breakaway_zpsfxlbqcjk.jpg

Edited by LrgPizza

I swam in the family pool, which is basically the same size as the main (adult pool), but not quite as deep. There are no plastic characters. I think you are confusing the kid's splash area with the family pool.

And if you chose this ship for the pool, I'm sorry. Most the teens are too busy doing the ropes course or giant slides to worry about the pool. My 11 year old (who is 5'10', so catching your son), was in the pool on embarkation day for about 10 minutes. He never found time to return to the pool again the entire cruise because he was too busy doing other things. I believe he said, "I can swim anywhere."

Here is a picture of the family pool on BA/GA:

Thanks for clearing that up. I think I did have the Splash area in my head. LOL Good to know! :)

Just a quick question will the Escape still have the H20 adults area with (I think) some kind of water grotto?

We don't have kids and I am a miserable old git! ;-)

I hate to burst your bubble, but they don't enforce the adults only rules there either !!

We were there 2-3 times during the cruise and kids were there as well as parents with strollers with infants. The adult pool and hot tubs had teen kids in them also. SO, Norwegian, Where the hell is the enforcement of the rules ???????

I hate to burst your bubble, but they don't enforce the adults only rules there either !!

We were there 2-3 times during the cruise and kids were there as well as parents with strollers with infants. The adult pool and hot tubs had teen kids in them also. SO, Norwegian, Where the hell is the enforcement of the rules ???????

Did you visit Guest Services on board to get an answer on that?

I didn't see any on the Epic, if I see them on the Escape I will personally be on a mission! Kids have enough of their own areas, I definitely don't want to see pushchairs and small ones.

I didn't see any on the Epic, if I see them on the Escape I will personally be on a mission! Kids have enough of their own areas, I definitely don't want to see pushchairs and small ones.

Are you talking about Spice H2O on Epic? That's the only adult pool on that ship, and Spice doesn't have a pool on Escape. The adult pool on Escape will definitely allow pushchairs and small ones around it, just not IN it, if it works the same as sister ships Getaway and Breakaway.