Passport Question

OceanDreams

My sister will be going on her 1st cruise (and probable her only one) to the Mexican Riviera. Since she had to get a passport to travel, she was so disappointed to hear that her passport won't be stamped to the cities that we'll be going to. Does anyone know where she can get her passport stamped at?

My sister will be going on her 1st cruise (and probable her only one) to the Mexican Riviera. Since she had to get a passport to travel, she was so disappointed to hear that her passport won't be stamped to the cities that we'll be going to. Does anyone know where she can get her passport stamped at?

Why did she have to get a passport? That aside, I would suggest she inquire at guest services onboard, they may be able to assist.

If it's the MR she'll be entering Mexico once, so only one stamp for her memories.

Do not waste passport pages. It's expensive to have more added.

Edited by SadieN

I have always been able to get mine stamped at foreign airports or foreign ports if debarking. But mostly I had to ask for the stamp.

I assume she got the passport because everybody says to get one just in case something happens and you miss the ship or have to fly home mid-cruise.

If it's the MR she'll be entering Mexico once, so only one stamp for her memories.

Do not waste passport pages. It's expensive to have more added.

Unless someone travels a lot, running out of pages is unlikley to happen. It would take a lot of trips and even likely having some visas that take up a whole page for the casual traveler to run out of pages.

I can see why some people may want the stamps when they get a fresh new passport, after a while the novelty wears off and most could care less.

I have always been able to get mine stamped at foreign airports or foreign ports if debarking. But mostly I had to ask for the stamp.

I assume she got the passport because everybody says to get one just in case something happens and you miss the ship or have to fly home mid-cruise.

We will check with Guest Services on board during our cruise.

Getting a passport was on her bucket list....and since it is only $100.00, at least now she can say that she has one. We hope this isn't her only cruise.....but unless a miracle happens and her health improves it most likely will be her only cruise. (Yes, I believe in miracles)

Edited by OceanDreams

Getting a passport was on her bucket list.... , at least now she can say that she has one. We hope this isn't her only cruise.....

While some will say it wasn't necessary to get a passport, I can appreciate your sister's desire to get a passport. For many first time travelers it represents a cherished memory of that achievement of perhaps having saved a lifetime to be able to travel, having never travelled away from home before, or a myriad of other reasons.

For me I became a US citizen a few years ago and I was so eager to use my new US passport that it was a bit of a letdown on my first few cruises after that when nobody bothered to stamp my new passport - SAD.

Here's hoping your sister enjoys plenty of travel with her passport - stamps or not.

I have been in 22 countries, and have only 3 stamps. Why is this being assumed that it will be her only cruise, and why would you get a passport if you already know you will never use it again if you know it's not needed?

Passports are useful for travel other than cruising. ;)

Unless someone travels a lot, running out of pages is unlikley to happen. It would take a lot of trips and even likely having some visas that take up a whole page for the casual traveler to run out of pages.

I can see why some people may want the stamps when they get a fresh new passport, after a while the novelty wears off and most could care less.

My present passport has just the last two pages empty, and I have never gotten a stamp when cruising. It expires next September, and I'll renew 6 months prior. My previous passport was also 90% filled with stamps from my land vacations.

It is nice every once in a while to look through the stamps and reminisce or get a date correct when a particular trip was planned. I can totally sympathize with a new traveler wanting to get an imprint in their brand new passport.