Please Explain Dynamic Dining Options

Can someone explain the options for dynamic dining? One is "classic"? Does that mean you eat at same time with same servers every night?

Classic is like Traditional on other ships where you will select either Early or Late Seating. You will rotate among 4 restaurants which are American Icon, Chic, Silk and Grande (the only formal dining venue). You will have the same waitstaff and table number in each venue. A rotation list will be provided in your cabin upon embarkation.

Regular Dynamic Dining is like MTD on other ships where you can either make a set reservation each night at a particular restaurant prior to boarding or just show up when you are hungry.

Edited by cruisenfever

Thank you! So, with that classic program , you don't get to pick which restaurants which night or how many times you eat at each, right? That might be a deal breaker for us.

When I booked there was also a little button next to dining that said "family- what type of dining is that?

Thank you! So, with that classic program , you don't get to pick which restaurants which night or how many times you eat at each, right? That might be a deal breaker for us.

When I booked there was also a little button next to dining that said "family- what type of dining is that?

Correct. The dining staff will set the order of rotation and will leave the list in your cabin.

Here is a description of My Family Time Dining

Ring RCCL and they might be able to book you in, as not all available tables are for online booking. As your group is larger than 6 people, you will need the bigger tables for your group.

Also when is Thanksgiving? We don't recognise that in the UK and have no idea when it is. It seems to be Christmas dinner early but no presents, am I right?

Ring RCCL and they might be able to book you in, as not all available tables are for online booking. As your group is larger than 6 people, you will need the bigger tables for your group.

Also when is Thanksgiving? We don't recognise that in the UK and have no idea when it is. It seems to be Christmas dinner early but no presents, am I right?

It is the last Thursday of November:)

I was able to get Silk and two American Icon reservations for 6:30pm for our group of 8. If we want to dine in Silk x2 and Grande x2 and I cant pre-book, I assume with Dynamic you can also just walk up any restaurant and be seated (yes, I realize there might be a wait). Anyone have any experience with this in terms of what kind of a wait we are in for?

Just looked to book for our party of 8 and nothing is available at any free dining room any night until 9pm. If we have to wait in lines to eat at 6pm, this is going to be a huge issue for us. Anyone have ay experience with this?

Email your request/concerns to: rcldining@rcl.com. I was successful for our upcoming Easter week cruise as I have 3 small children in the group and needed early traditional (DD) dining seating on Oasis. Or call C&A.

Do you mean you want to sign up for classic dining? If so, it is closed/full for 11/22 sailing. Your option at this point is to book each individual night at the restaurant of your choosing.

If you mean you have it confirmed already and are trying to book restaurants- you don't. It's fine for you and you get your rotation on board.