Luggage pickup at DEbarkation

cajunfla

If you are talking about Port of Miami...it is the same as getting your luggage off a carousel at an airport...you are given a number....your bags are tagged with the same number and you go to that carousel to pick them up.

If you are talking about Port of Miami...it is the same as getting your luggage off a carousel at an airport...you are given a number....your bags are tagged with the same number and you go to that carousel to pick them up.

Thanks. Back in 2000, it was Miami, and there was no carousel at that time, or maybe just that ship, Triumph. Next week is Port Canaveral.

thanks again.

Need to remember the number on your tag. Your luggage will be placed according to its number, under or near the number sign.

Sometimes luggage gets misplaced or the tag falls off.

Is this a tag given at debarkation time? Luggage tags for EMbarkation only have our room number, and booking number. Sailing out of Port Canaveral.

Thanks.

Port Canaveral is super easy!!! FYI, get a porter to help you get your luggage to your car, cost you the price if a tip. We usually give $15-$20 dollars for 3-4 bags. Reasoning, it gets you through Customs in a matter of minutes, they have a separate line they go through. EASY PEASY

Port Canaveral is super easy!!! FYI, get a porter to help you get your luggage to your car, cost you the price if a tip. We usually give $15-$20 dollars for 3-4 bags. Reasoning, it gets you through Customs in a matter of minutes, they have a separate line they go through. EASY PEASY

Good to know!!! But don't tell anyone else!! We'll keep that a secret..shhhhhh

At P.C. your luggage goes into an area that looks like a big wherehouse with customs at the door. You will be given tags with a zone number on it. Attach it to your luggage before you put it outside your door the night before. Many pieces of luggage look the same. Make sure you take the right one. We attach a piece of fabric with an unusual pattern to help us locate them.

This may be a double post. Port Canaveral is great!! FYI, get a porter to help you get your bags to your car. This cost you the price of a tip. We usually give them $15-$20 for 3/4 bags. It gets you through Customs in just a few minutes. They have their own lines they go through. You get your luggage tag (with number on it, you can tear one end off and keep with you, it's perforated) last night of your cruise along with customs form. You will get a letter with debarkation information on it. They call your number over the loud speaker when it's your time to leave the ship. You will find your luggage in your numbered area. We always put a shower scrunchy on the handle to be able to spot it right away! EASY PEASY!!

Edited by volmoma

At P.C. your luggage goes into an area that looks like a big wherehouse with customs at the door. You will be given tags with a zone number on it. Attach it to your luggage before you put it outside your door the night before. Many pieces of luggage look the same. Make sure you take the right one. We attach a piece of fabric with an unusual pattern to help us locate them.

Piece of fabric. Great idea!!

Is this a tag given at debarkation time? Luggage tags for EMbarkation only have our room number, and booking number. Sailing out of Port Canaveral.

Thanks.

My router had to be rebooted......grrrrr Look at my response #10

This may be a double post. Port Canaveral is great!! FYI, get a porter to help you get your bags to your car. This cost you the price of a tip. We usually give them $15-$20 for 3/4 bags. It gets you through Customs in just a few minutes. They have their own lines they go through. You get your luggage tag (with number on it, you can tear one end off and keep with you, it's perforated) last night of your cruise along with customs form. You will get a letter with debarkation information on it. They call your number over the loud speaker when it's your time to leave the ship. You will find your luggage in your numbered area. We always put a shower scrunchy on the handle to. E able to spot it right away! EASY PEASY!!

Now we're talking.....I love helpful details.

Now we're talking.....I love helpful details.

Just loop the scrunchy through its self on the handle. This will take some time and you may think it's going to break but it shouldn't. We have hot pink and white swirl. The porter even commented last time that that's the fastest he's saw someone find their luggage. Get them at the dollar store, get a wild color and tag them all with the same color!!

We use luggage express, works great for us. If you are flying.

Driving in afternoon before. About 7 easy drive hours. By the time you add in driving to airport, waiting, flying to connecting airport, waiting, flying to Orlando, ride to the port, it would be just as long a day.

EXCEPT when they give you #1 and an hour later when everyone else has left and gone thru immigration and you're the only one left in the place they go into the back room behind carousel #3 and finally find your bright orange suitcase that you have shown a picture of to at least 4 people. ***??? A good reason to carry your own off the ship. Thats my plan on my next cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Debarkation follow up.....got off boat yesterday. We had 3 bags tagged with zone number 2. (We had FTTF). 1 bag made it to zone 2 pickup, one bag lost its tag and was later found with other lost tag bags, and 3rd bag had to be found by Carnival agent in who-knows-where. 3 bags, in 3 separate places. Simply freaking amazing. To add to our misery, we left a bag on the shuttle back to the hotel, not to be noticed by us until after our 8 hour drive home.....and neither shuttle company nor Radisson will return our phone calls.

For those ports where all the luggage is in a huge warehouse type area with the luggage sorted by zones, are the higher zones bag in there even before they start calling the first zone? Meaning, could you have zone 35 and get off the ship with zone 1 and still have your bags ready? I have often wondered this...

Not that I saw in port canaveral. Even after having to hunt for my 2 missing bags, there were just bringing in zone 22 bags. We were docked about 7am, and they started allowing those that carried off their own bags between 8--8:30. These people were called by decks. Then they called zones 1 thru 6 to debark.

For those ports where all the luggage is in a huge warehouse type area with the luggage sorted by zones, are the higher zones bag in there even before they start calling the first zone? Meaning, could you have zone 35 and get off the ship with zone 1 and still have your bags ready? I have often wondered this...

Not in Long Beach or San Pedro. Numbers are offloaded in order. If your number isn't called before you get off you'll have to wait. One port actually has a 'circle of shame' painted on the floor for those too early people.

Edited by SadieN

Not in my experience. We were a mid range zone and they still hadn't brought our luggage out so we ended up waiting around. That was in Baltimore.