Suggestions on where to buy Talavera painted sink

Twinswithtwins

This time I'd like to buy a painted bathroom sink (maybe 2). We drive to the ports so no problem with weight or packing. Will be in Cozumel in December and again in February. I found some old posts (2004-2007) using the Search function above, but would like newer input, if available. In the past I have seen 1 or 2 dusty sinks- usually way in the back of the souvenir shops. But the old posts talk about a shop (maybe near Cinco Soles?) downtown that if full of them. Has anyone seen it? I haven't been shopping downtown as we usually head to the Money Bar. I can buy one online here but they run $250-350ish. Would love to get one right from the source. Has anyone seen more than 1-2 in one place lately?

Unless you really want to hump it all the way from Cozumel, you can get them at http://www.barbervilleroadside.com/, at the intersection of Hwy 17 and Hwy 40. If you do live in the Space Coast, it is not far at all.

The owner imports Talavera and more by the truck load and has a big selection. He is always willing to negotiate prices,a nice guy, and very knowledgeable about the product.

If you do want to get it in Coz, yes, Cinco Soles has them, not much of a selection, as I recall

Hopefully Kletina, who lives on Coz will see your request.

I know there's a open air place toward the back of town away from the main plaza, around Avenida 20 25 and Rosada Salas. Tons of talvera pottery. But I forget the exact address. Just walk back into town from the water front and you'll see it about 5 or 6 blocks inland. And I think Muebles on Calle 2 and Benito Juarez has talvera pottery but not sure if they carry sinks.

Thank you both SO much! I will look for the place in Cozumel AND will go to Barberville. I just called them- their sinks run $145-165. I knew I recognized that huge Rooster! Went past the place just last month on my way to Navarre. Had breakfast at our favorite DeLeon Springs 'cook-your-own-pancakes' place just south of there-The Old Spanish Mill inside the State Park. Thanks!

if you dont find the one you are looking for at los 5 soles or at Mi casa, a friend of mine bought 2 talavera sinks on Amazon, delivered via fedex to her house in Cancun.

Talavera factory is at the state of Puebla so all the pieces in here or at anyplace, come from there.

here is the link she used where prices are ok

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_2?rh=n%3A1055398%2Ck%3Atalavera+sinks&page=2&keywords=talavera+sinks&ie=UTF8&qid=1441497757

Your post brought back great memories for me....years ago, my husband and I rented a moped and drove around coz for the day. On the way back to the ship we bought this huge oval talavera sink. They packed it all up in peanuts and newspaper, taped it up and strapped it to the front of the moped for us. It was ridiculously funny and embarrassing. Once we got back on the ship to go through the bag screen they told us it couldn't go through the thing. They had to tear the whole thing apart, take it out and put just the sink through the xray to make sure it was solid and nothing was inside the ceramic. Then, had to carry it to the airport in carry-on, got home...that sink is still sitting in our basement waiting to be put into a cantina themed wet bar someday....but the memories...ahhhhh.priceless. I have no idea where we bought it. It was somewhere off the beaten path down an alley...eek.

Your post brought back great memories for me....years ago, my husband and I rented a moped and drove around coz for the day. On the way back to the ship we bought this huge oval talavera sink. They packed it all up in peanuts and newspaper, taped it up and strapped it to the front of the moped for us. It was ridiculously funny and embarrassing. Once we got back on the ship to go through the bag screen they told us it couldn't go through the thing. They had to tear the whole thing apart, take it out and put just the sink through the xray to make sure it was solid and nothing was inside the ceramic. Then, had to carry it to the airport in carry-on, got home...that sink is still sitting in our basement waiting to be put into a cantina themed wet bar someday....but the memories...ahhhhh.priceless. I have no idea where we bought it. It was somewhere off the beaten path down an alley...eek.

Thank you so much for that chuckle. I'm hoping they can send it to the ship if I find one I like. How heavy would it be? Could we carry the box between us on the pier? This may be getting too complicated... I'll give you 20 bucks for the one in your basement!