Unable to book a Cat W - Suite GTY as a single occupant

applefan75

Not being able to get a specific cabin is not the same thing as not being able to book at a fare itself.

We are not looking for anything that would not be offered to those booking double. If doubles are restricted from a room type along with solos that is fine.

To not offer a product available to one group by paying double to a solo paying double is where it becomes discriminatory.

They sell guarantees 'run of ship' and can put you anywhere that suits them.

If you feel so strongly, take them to court.

Not being able to get a specific cabin is not the same thing as not being able to book at a fare itself.

We are not looking for anything that would not be offered to those booking double. If doubles are restricted from a room type along with solos that is fine.

To not offer a product available to one group by paying double to a solo paying double is where it becomes discriminatory.

They sell guarantees 'run of ship' and can put you anywhere that suits them.

I mentioned that one cabin because so many people want it and try to book it. What I was saying applies to all D1 cabins, or to most, since they have a sofa bed and thus berth capacity for four.

Edited by Merion_Mom

I mentioned that one cabin because so many people want it and try to book it. What I was saying applies to all D1 cabins, or to most, since they have a sofa bed and thus berth capacity for four.

I understood that.

I only care about being able to book the same categories and cabins that a double can book. If I am paying 2x cruise fare, then that is the same and RCI loose the right to 'discriminate' when they take that full supplement.

If they were somehow loosing money by giving me a 150% or 180% fare as they were doing previously, then that was another situation.

The funny thing with your cabin choice is that I am actually booked in 1388 in a D1 and as a solo on a future Explorer sailing. I guess I have to 'live' in fear that they will take it away from me.

Edited by MADflyer

I have Always gotten an upgrade for single occupancy as long as I am willing to pay the difference in fares. Usually they do have to contact the resolution department. This includes special discounted fares that are posted after final payment as well as fares that state "for new bookings and double occupancy."

You have to be persistent. Also, every travel agent I have used has been able to get them for me if I have not booked directly. I take advantage of these fares all the time on both RCI and Celebrity.

Last week there was a sale on my upcoming Vision cruise (which is past final payment date). Solo balcony guarantee was $2,198.

I called Resolutions twice about upgrading from my inside, and they would only give me the solo balcony guarantee for something like $5,084. They tacked on the cancellation fee for my current inside booking and refused to budge, saying $2,198 was for "new bookings only." (My status is Diamond with RCCL.)

Royal's current marketing strategy seems to be to create ill will with long-term customers who have a history of repeat bookings to take chances on replacing us with new customers who offer no promise of future revenue.

Last week there was a sale on my upcoming Vision cruise (which is past final payment date). Solo balcony guarantee was $2,198.

I called Resolutions twice about upgrading from my inside, and they would only give me the solo balcony guarantee for something like $5,084. They tacked on the cancellation fee for my current inside booking and refused to budge, saying $2,198 was for "new bookings only." (My status is Diamond with RCCL.)

Royal's current marketing strategy seems to be to create ill will with long-term customers who have a history of repeat bookings to take chances on replacing us with new customers who offer no promise of future revenue.

You sound Disillusioned