Vow renewal?

Partridgeberry79

We did this for our 25th anniversary five years ago. Although we did not sail on our honeymoon, Fantasy was our first ship and it was sailing out of Mobile so I booked it--even getting the same cabin as on our first trip.

The vow renewal was really very nice. It was easy to coordinate and they were very helpful. Of course it was a small service with just me, DW, ship photographer, the Captain who officiated, and servers for the cake and champagne. We did not eat all the cake so they carried it to our dining room where we could enjoy it the remainder of the trip if we wanted too.

I would recommend it highly to you. It makes a special day even more memorable.

We did this on our 30th anniversary, or I should say my husband surprised me with the vow renewal. There was a special room, the captain preformed the ceremony, we had a wedding cake and champagne. We got a certificate and pictures with the captain. The ship was the Destiny.

We renewed our vows, on our Spirit to Hawaii cruise, for our 50th anniversary. This was in April of 2012. The captain officiated, in the ship's chapel. A wedding coordinator met with us, a couple days into the cruise. He told us the captain's time frame, and we got to choose the champaigne, within reason. I can only stand Martini and Rossi, Asti Spumonte, and he arranged for us to get a bottle of that, included in the pkg price. They gave me a long stemmed red rose, to carry, and one for my DH lapel. We were allowed 8 people, including us, for the basic pkg. They provided a beautiful 2 layer wedding cake, along with the champaigne. We got to keep the cake topper. The captain signed a nice leather bound certificate, for us to keep. The captain's wife happened to be on board, and I saw her looking in the door. I welcomed her in, to join us. There was a photographer, who took pictures of the ceremony, and us cutting the cake and toasting. A free 8x10, of our choice was also included. He would have taken us around the ship, and taken many more pictures, but we declined to do that. We knew we wouldn't be buying a huge stack of pictures, so why waste his time, and ours. The left over cake, was indeed brought to us at dinner, to share with our table mates. Oh, we got to keep the glasses from our toast, as well. All in all, it was a beautiful ceremony. Carnival did a wonderful job, and even though the cost has went up since we did it, it is well worth every penny. We'll always have the memories. Congratulations to your parents.

We did this on the Breeze. We had about 20 people including my wife and I. There was enough food for twice as many people and was very good. Great service, captain was really nice and friendly, photos turned out great. We were very happy with Carnival and the service.

• 2 years later...
What is the cost for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's the current Carnival flyer with all the info and prices:

https://www.carnival.com/wedding-cruises/wedding-planning/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/renewalofvowinfo.pdf

DD and her husband did this on Conquest this past March (the "basic" package). As others have noted above, it was a very nice, private ceremony officiated by the Captain and planned by a coordinator who not only kept in touch prior to the ceremony but in the days afterward, stopped by our table in the MDR each evening to see how our cruise was going. The photographer took a LOT of pictures both at the ceremony and out on deck (we were a family group so we wanted some group and individual family photos). There was a lot of cake left over and plenty of champagne for the adults. I, as the "father of the bride", was quite impressed with it all. :)

Don't do it on Carnival! We did it on Holland America a few years ago and it only cost $150. The Captain did the beautiful ceremony, there was live music, champagne, appetizers, a lovely photo album with a photo of DH and me, also one with the Captain, and a certificate. The Captain stayed and chatted with us for quite awhile and the whole event was wonderful and memorable.

We didn’t end up doing it. Just a celebratory anniversary dinner which was really nice. 🙂

I'm sure it was special. <3

I was just making sure you saw my reply to your post last night. Didn't know if you got a chance to see, you had 3-4 replies.

Has anyone had experience with the vow renewal ceremony on a Carnival ship? We're travelling next summer on the Vista for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary and are considering the vow renewal. Would love to hear feedback from anyone who has insight!

We were going to do this for our 10 year, but the renewal has to take place on a Sea Day. Not all of my guests are cruisers, so we opted to do our renewal in Miami - pretty much exactly the same way we did our wedding.

I will say that I loved the idea of the Renewal at Sea and found the pricing to be reasonable. I just have way too many non-cruisers in my life. I'm working on converting them. LOL

Don't do it on Carnival! We did it on Holland America a few years ago and it only cost $150. The Captain did the beautiful ceremony, there was live music, champagne, appetizers, a lovely photo album with a photo of DH and me, also one with the Captain, and a certificate. The Captain stayed and chatted with us for quite awhile and the whole event was wonderful and memorable.

That's a great suggestion unless a person is already booked on Carnival and/or isn't interested in sailing with HAL. FWIW, HAL's package sounds just like Carnival's (minus the appetizers) but HAL does charge extra person beyond the "happy couple." We were pleased with the way Carnival handled it and DD was not concerned with the price. :)

We renewed our vows, on our Spirit to Hawaii cruise, for our 50th anniversary. This was in April of 2012. The captain officiated, in the ship's chapel. A wedding coordinator met with us, a couple days into the cruise. He told us the captain's time frame, and we got to choose the champaigne, within reason. I can only stand Martini and Rossi, Asti Spumonte, and he arranged for us to get a bottle of that, included in the pkg price. They gave me a long stemmed red rose, to carry, and one for my DH lapel. We were allowed 8 people, including us, for the basic pkg. They provided a beautiful 2 layer wedding cake, along with the champaigne. We got to keep the cake topper. The captain signed a nice leather bound certificate, for us to keep. The captain's wife happened to be on board, and I saw her looking in the door. I welcomed her in, to join us. There was a photographer, who took pictures of the ceremony, and us cutting the cake and toasting. A free 8x10, of our choice was also included. He would have taken us around the ship, and taken many more pictures, but we declined to do that. We knew we wouldn't be buying a huge stack of pictures, so why waste his time, and ours. The left over cake, was indeed brought to us at dinner, to share with our table mates. Oh, we got to keep the glasses from our toast, as well. All in all, it was a beautiful ceremony. Carnival did a wonderful job, and even though the cost has went up since we did it, it is well worth every penny. We'll always have the memories. Congratulations to your parents.
We were on the same cruise and I surprised my wife with vow renewal on a beach on Oahu. She had absolutely no idea until the minister showed up. We had a traditional ceremony and it was great. Back on the ship, my wife told everyone we met and I had to explain how I managed to pull it off.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

Jordanaire, What a wonderful surprise for your wife. I'm sure she loved it, and congrats on being able to keep it a complete surprise.

Wasn't that cruise the absolute best? In spite of the not very cooperative weather, both going and coming back. The 15 days just flew right on by. Hawaii itself was fantastic. I will always remember that particular cruise.:)