Suite Perks

Signet

Hello All,

I was just wondering what perks (if any) do you get when you book a suite with RCL?

I can not find any that are listed on the web site. Are there any?

I have booked a suite on the NOS, sailing on Oct 1,2005.

This is the first time I have went all out on the cabin, and just wanted to know if I (we) get any perks with the cabin

Thanks in Advance

Signet

I did a search on cruise critic and found this from someone else's post.

Suite Guests on the Voyager, Explorer, Adventure, Navigator and Mariner of the Seas have a Concierge on board. The Concierge is available to assist suite guests with any special requests they may have. The concierge is available in the Concierge Lounge daily from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

Concierge Club guests are offered amenities and services not available to other guests on board the vessel. For your convenience, here is a brief summary of those services.

Use of the Concierge Club lounge, located on deck # 9 between the aft elevators.

** Personalized stationary available.

** Continental breakfast served in the lounge daily from 8:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m.

** Hors d'oeuvres and petit fours served in the lounge, beginning the second evening, before

and after dinner respectively

** An honor bar available for your convenience

** Reserved time for Ice Skating and Rock Climbing, please register before the second evening of the cruise

** Reservations for Portofino restaurant and Explorations Tours

** Appointments for the Salon or for Spa Treatments

** Tickets for the Ice Show ? available in the Concierge Lounge beginning the second night of the cruise

** Movies and CD's are available to borrow during the concierge desk hours that are listed above

** Daily menus displayed and preordering of your dinner wine

** Assistance with arrangement of private parties

** Business services ? Concierge will be happy to arrange any faxing or

copying.

** Use of a portable ship phone - contact concierge in the lounge for more information.

The concierge works within the Purser's division on board and can also help with any cash transactions, special requests or concerns that the guest may have.

Please note that the Concierge Lounge is a private lounge reserved for guests staying in staterooms of Category B and above. The lounge is accessible twenty-four hours a day with the yellow key that will be provided. We respectfully request that guests use footwear and appropriate dress while in the lounge, the lounge has also been designated a smoke-free area.

Some of these perks (like Concierge) are not available to JS pax. you didn't say if you'd booked a JS, GS, OS, RFS, etc.

Barb

note:.... these perks are all available to Diamond and Diamond Plus members as well as suite passengers

My sisters and I will be in a Grand Suite on VOS next Sunday! (A birthday present from my wonderful DH) I also wondered about the suite perks as we are putting together a packing list. Questions we have are:

Is there a CD player in the suite?

Are there CDs available to borrow in the Concierge Lounge (CL)?

Can we get wine in the CL?

Can we take drinks from the CL back to our suite?

Will we get robes and slippers?

How is the coffee in the CL?

I'm sure we'll come up with more, but that's it for now.

Thanks for your replies!

We had the Royal Family Suite on NOS last year. There is a very nice Bose sound system/CD player in the room. We brought our own, I'm not sure if there are CDs to borrow from the concierge lounge. Yes, you can get wine in there, but you can't take drinks out. On NOS, the CL is a small, interior space, rather like a waiting room. We never stayed long enough to have a drink, but some people do. There's no separation between the concierge's desk where he's on the phone and dealing with passengers, and the seating area where people would have drinks. It just didn't seem like a place I wanted to spend time, when I had a beautiful balcony to relax on.

You will find the customized stationery in your suite, in the desk drawer. It's a nice souvenir. The robes are nice to have, they should be in your closet. I never saw slippers, perhaps you can get some upon request.

Have a great cruise!

There is a cd player (not sure if they have cds), there is also a dvd player and you can get dvds from the lounge. You cannot take drinks out of the lounge. You do get robes to borrow, I am not sure about slippers.
We had robes and slippers in our RFS on the Enchantment. (The CL on the enchantment is a very nice area with windows, near the Centrum area).

We had robes and slippers in our RFS on the Enchantment. (The CL on the enchantment is a very nice area with windows, near the Centrum area).

We were in an OS on Explorer two weeks ago. We did get slippers AND robes, stationary. There are DVD's and CD's in the concierge lounge but probably not a bad idea to bring your own CDs if you have a musical preferance as their collection is not extensive. It was nice to have surround sound in the suite with my own music playing while getting ready for dinner. (NO, the neighbors never heard it...I asked). The coffee in the CL is better than anywhere else on the ship but Portofino who had the best capuccino I've ever had.

BTW: They truly need to replace Seattle's Best with Starbucks on RCI ships.

BTW: They truly need to replace Seattle's Best with Starbucks on RCI ships.

I think I read somewhere that Starbucks bought Seattle's Best in the past year or two. On last week's Enchantment cruise, the Capucinno (sp?) machine was out of order so I can't comment, but the coffee at Caffe Lattetudes was very much better than what I had in the Windjammer or dining room. We have had robes in our room on all RCI ships since we achieved platinum status, and now as Diamond Plus members they offer slippers as a special amenity that you can keep after the cruise. Our other options were flowers in the room, a bottle of wine, or beach towels.

IMHO, the concierge lounge on the Enchantment is one of the nicest in the fleet, larger than the ones on Radiance class but with a whole wall of windows that the Voyager Class lounges lack. Giuseppe was just a wonderful concierge and I hope we sail with him again.

The concierge lounge on NOS is a brilliant place for pre-dinner drinks and to meet new people. There is a wide selection of drinks available and also pre-dinner snacks. I also went in there in the morning for a light breakfast and a nice cappuccino. Franciose, the Concierge is extremely helpful and secured us dinner reservations at Chops, Ice Show tickets and priority disembarkation tags.

We will pack our own CDs, but will do away with packing the player. We are addicted to coffee, so the coffeepot will have to come. We can't wait!!!

The coffee on the Explorer was lacking, even if you purchased the premium. Their idea of a mocha latte was coffee with swiss miss mixed in. Like I said, the only good coffee I had on board was at Portofino and from the CL.

Everything else on the ship was excellent so it's a glaring issue for me who needs the coffee in the morning on the balcony.

I think I read somewhere that Starbucks bought Seattle's Best in the past year or two.

That is correct. Starbucks acquired SBC in July 2003. Technically they are the same company but I imagine they probably still maintain some uniquenesses with certain roasts and flavors. When I vacationed to Seattle about 15 years ago, I preferred SBC over Starbucks. Here in Tampa I don't think there's an SBC to be found so haven't tried it for awhile.

• 2 weeks later...

How quickly must we see the concierge (Radiance GS reservation) upon boarding to get Chops and Portofino's reservations? I have seen multiple posts to get such reservations early as the restaurants fill up--and I have experienced exactly the same on Disney with Palo--but is there some portion of reservations set aside for the concierge, or should I hustle straight to the CL upon boarding to get signed up?

Also--would the Concierge have the various dinner menus, to reference, and make sure I wasn't skipping the dining room to go to Portofino or Chops on a night when there might be lobster, for example? There a lobster night on a 6 nighter, isn't there?

Finally--did I see a notation somewhere that Portofino and Chops are for adults and their children 13 and over, but that children under 13 are welcome until a certain time? If so, meaning, the under 13 crowd may be seated until that time and then might be around for 2 hours during dinner? I'm not a kid hater--will be bringing my world's greatest son, age 9, on the cruise--and we love dining w/ him, but the premium restaurants will be for just us grownups. But since not everyone has the same family habits, and even well intentioned parents and normally well behaved children can guess wrong and not realize how over-tired little Mikey is from all the excitement of the RCI cruise....just trying to get the lay of the land.

We will pack our own CDs, but will do away with packing the player. We are addicted to coffee, so the coffeepot will have to come. We can't wait!!!

No need to pack a coffeepot.Room service will deliver a pot for you free of charge anytime.Have a great cruise!!

How quickly must we see the concierge (Radiance GS reservation) upon boarding to get Chops and Portofino's reservations? I have seen multiple posts to get such reservations early as the restaurants fill up--and I have experienced exactly the same on Disney with Palo--but is there some portion of reservations set aside for the concierge, or should I hustle straight to the CL upon boarding to get signed up?

Also--would the Concierge have the various dinner menus, to reference, and make sure I wasn't skipping the dining room to go to Portofino or Chops on a night when there might be lobster, for example? There a lobster night on a 6 nighter, isn't there?

Finally--did I see a notation somewhere that Portofino and Chops are for adults and their children 13 and over, but that children under 13 are welcome until a certain time? If so, meaning, the under 13 crowd may be seated until that time and then might be around for 2 hours during dinner? I'm not a kid hater--will be bringing my world's greatest son, age 9, on the cruise--and we love dining w/ him, but the premium restaurants will be for just us grownups. But since not everyone has the same family habits, and even well intentioned parents and normally well behaved children can guess wrong and not realize how over-tired little Mikey is from all the excitement of the RCI cruise....just trying to get the lay of the land.

I didn't have a problem booking Portofino at any time through the concierge but maybe he pulled some strings. I don't know. I'd still suggest booking early but he was able to get us booked whenever we asked. And yes, the concierge lounge will have the daily dining room menus to review so you can decide to dine at a premium restaurant instead. The concierge can tell you what they're serving each night. Usually, lobster night is the 2nd formal night so probabaly don't want to miss that.

They do not allow guests aged 12 and under into Portofino. When we have the kids on a Portofino night, we have the concierge arrange in-cabin babysitting and order them room service dinner let them watch their favorite movie on dvd.

Probably a small point to most, but really irked me: I had burned a number of favorite songs onto CD's just for our cruise; both players in EOS Royal Suite would not play them (as some players won't), & we couldn't make the jacks work to accommodate those in our discman. So if you have "homemade" CD's, might want to consider this. (Next cruise we had to bring a laptop anyway, so just packed those ultra-light speakers & were able to enjoy "our" music that way ;) .)

It's very simple to make your own reservations for Chops and Portofino when you first get on the ship. If I remember correctly, there will be a table outside the Windjammer with people taking reservations. You can ask them about dining room menus. We usually book alternative dining on Caribbean night, so we always ask when that will be.

We are Diamond so we have access to the concierge but usually find it just as easy to take care of it ourselves. If you don't feel like doing it yourself, the concierge will take care of it for you, although if you wait too long, you may have to adjust the time you want to eat.

You're sure to have a fabulous meal at either restaurant. Enjoy.

While I've read that they are welcome until 8:00 here on the boards, RCI doesn't say anything about it on their website or compasses. I saw no children under 13 at either during our trip.

Barb

While I've read that they are welcome until 8:00 here on the boards, RCI doesn't say anything about it on their website or compasses. I saw no children under 13 at either during our trip.

Barb

From RCI's website:

All guests over the age of 13 are welcome and reservations are recommended; please allow two hours for dining. To make a reservation, use the main menu screen on the TV in your stateroom or call the restaurant directly. Telephone numbers can be found in your stateroom. Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will be charged a minimum of $10 USD.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/experiencetype/experience/home.do;jsessionid=0000F8ePYv84ni9lSfOHwV2A_yL:10ktmevl6?br=R&exCode=24&shipCode=EX

Archived