Have you held two bookings?

gordylad

I'm in a bit of a dilemma as there are two cruises I like the look of and there are limited cabins. I could book the two on low deposits until we decide which one we want to do but wondering if this is normal practice.

We book through a US TA so don't think there would be a penalty for moving.

Yes I do this often. If I find a weekend deal on something I alway have booked, I hold on weekend and cancel Monday once I know TA has it in hand and sorted.

Or if I do an on-board booking for something made prior on land. I book on board & cancel once I get home the land made one. If I really care, TA can re-grab stateroom in most cases. if not, it's a risk one takes for the convenience.

But keep in mind that some US TA's have their own cancellation fees..it might cost you $100 or so. I know my TA charges that if I cancel or even change from one line to another. If I cancel before final payment and re-book another cruise with the same line there is no fee

Currently have 3 cruises booked.

I am a control freak and do not book with travel agents. I always book directly with Celebrity or Royal Caribbean and there is never a fee to cancel or change. I am willing to forgoe the perks offered by travel agents for the peace of mind to do what I want when I want.

thanks folks the dilemma I have is the two cruises are next November with flights not going to be released until the late December therefore I would be holding two cruises for some months.

I understand your dilemma, but if there are limited cabins, you should make up your mind and release the other one so that the cabin is available to someone else who might want to take that cruise.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE Baby :D:D Bob and Phyl

But keep in mind that some US TA's have their own cancellation fees..it might cost you $100 or so. I know my TA charges that if I cancel or even change from one line to another. If I cancel before final payment and re-book another cruise with the same line there is no fee

Just curious why you would use a TA with cancellation fees; do they give amazing discounts/OBC's compared to TA's without such fees?

I am a control freak and do not book with travel agents. I always book directly with Celebrity or Royal Caribbean and there is never a fee to cancel or change. I am willing to forgoe the perks offered by travel agents for the peace of mind to do what I want when I want.

You mean that you can have several cruises booked for a long time and then you could cancel /change without any costs at all? Don't you have to make a deposit?

Would be nice if that would apply to all X customers....

Totally agree. Same with airfare. If there is a problem, I want to be able to deal with the source, not go thru an intermediary. Often times, there are good opportunities, but by the time the agent gets hold of me and gets back to the cruise line or airline, the opportunity has vanished.

I used to be a control freak as well, until I found out that my TA was able to get me better staterooms, hidden offers and same conditions of me doing it. I do my initial research, then I contact the TA and compare. All the time I was able to save in cost and find a better stateroom location using my TA. On my last 4 cruises, their deals were always better than anything I could find by myself. And I get the perks. I still handle airfare, transfer and hotels if needed.

I have to say that I personally know my TA consultant, their office is near where I live and met in person several times. And this TA specializes in Cruises only.

I had Reflection and Regal booked for months for the same week. Finally decided that since we are on Silhouette this Dec and really want to go on Regal (plus it goes to MoBay instead Falmouth) I just canceled the Reflection and moved my deposit to our April 17 Summit.

Got the included bev pkg on either cruise so deciding factor was with the OBC I got on Princess we actually came out about $100 ahead for total $$ spent