Another Barcelona port to airport question

AVAD

We are on a cruise arriving In Barcelona on a Wednesday and our flight to the US leaves at 10:45 AM. There are 6 of us. We plan to pull our suitcases off and leave early.

My question for those who have departed there before is should I try to reserve a pickup for us at the port,(hate to prepay and they not show up) take the cruise line bus (expensive but reliable) or take our chances on a taxi van or 2 taxi cars? Last year in Copenhagen was a nightmare. There was a long line for taxis at the pier, we almost missed our flight, and I was a nervous wreck.

Thanks.

With the new T4 Barcelona taxi fare guaranteeing a set 39 euro fare per taxi to the El Prat Airport, two taxis is certainly a feasible option. You also avoid the supplement for a taxi prior to 8 AM with this fare.

You could get lucky and they might have a large taxi waiting in the holding area and you would just pay a supplement of 2.70 for the 6 passenger taxi and 1 euro for each bag over 4 carried. If they had to call for one, this wait could be 15 or 20 additional minutes and an additional 2.70.

The two taxi option would cost 2 x 39 euro to the airport.

I have never found the very early disembark taxi lines to be excessive at Barcelona. Peak time is later between 8:00 and 9:30.

The airport suggest arriving at the terminal at around 07:45 for your 10:45 flight, but most days arriving a bit later is not a big problem. To arrive by 07:45 you would want to be in a taxi by 07:15 and the taxi line by 07:00.

Many might suggest transfers, but I just personally do not like the tense moments of finding the driver or seeing if the company does actually show up. It is often at added expense as well, but might be a good option for 6 passengers.

With the new T4 Barcelona taxi fare guaranteeing a set 39 euro fare per taxi to the El Prat Airport, two taxis is certainly a feasible option. You also avoid the supplement for a taxi prior to 8 AM with this fare.

You could get lucky and they might have a large taxi waiting in the holding area and you would just pay a supplement of 2.70 for the 6 passenger taxi and 1 euro for each bag over 4 carried. If they had to call for one, this wait could be 15 or 20 additional minutes and an additional 2.70.

The two taxi option would cost 2 x 39 euro to the airport.

I have never found the very early disembark taxi lines to be excessive at Barcelona. Peak time is later between 8:00 and 9:30.

The airport suggest arriving at the terminal at around 07:45 for your 10:45 flight, but most days arriving a bit later is not a big problem. To arrive by 07:45 you would want to be in a taxi by 07:15 and the taxi line by 07:00.

Many might suggest transfers, but I just personally do not like the tense moments of finding the driver or seeing if the company does actually show up. It is often at added expense as well, but might be a good option for 6 passengers.

Thanks for this detailed information. We are on the same sailing, but have a later flight (otherwise we could take AVAD's 2 extra people in our taxi). It really helps plans our departure so we'll get to the airport in a timely manner.

AVAD, check on our roll call to see if you can share a taxi with someone to the airport for your 2 extra people. Unfortunately, we leave on a later flight so can't accommodate you. But I believe that there are others on the roll call who mentioned the 10:45 AM departure time.