Rescheduling Cruise

MindyRN

Hello everyone! Wondering if I could get some help with a question. My husband and I are looking at booking the December 13, 2015 cruise on Allure of the seas. The only problem is I am a nurse, and it's hard to get holiday vacation time approved. I won't know for sure if my vacation is approved until the 2nd week of October. I could wait and book until then, but I am afraid the price will go up. I am in grad school so I am limited to when I can vacation. If my vacation doesn't get approved we will be going in May. So my question is whether or not Royal would let me reschedule the cruise for May if we had to. And if they do, will I get charged some kind of fee? Thanks in advance for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While Royal has selectively allowed people to re schedule cruises in the oats it has been for compassionate reasons such as a serious medical condition or death in the family. I somehow doubt that your vacation time not being approved would qualify.

To be safe you should wait to book until it is approved.

On a positive note...historically that week has been one of the lower priced weeks of the year and may not rise in price and in fact could drop further.

We are on the Oasis Dec. 12th sailing. My DD works in trauma 1 ER and hard for her to get approved too. And we have two adult kids going that were finishing college classes too so Dec. 12th worked for us. Just a couple things...our sailing is pretty much a sold out cruise if you check the cabins available. So, first I would see what cabins are available that you can choose from. Waiting may be good or bad in that it could sell out more cabins OR it could free up cabins because the final payment date is past. Secondly, take out insurance on the trip for both of you with the Cancel For Any Reason. That way you are covered.

Trip insurance with cancel any reason is a good suggestion. One note regarding the cancellation for any reason... all the policies I have seen will only pay 75% of the insured amount if you choose to file for cancel for any reason.

MindyRN, obtaining travel insurance is important for a variety of reasons, and you can get 'cancel for work reasons' coverage with Travel Guard. Their Gold policy offers very comprehensive coverage at a fair price, and the 'work reasons' coverage is included in the base price. (It used to be an optional coverage, for an extra charge).

On TG's website it is offered (at least) on both the Gold and Platinum policies, under Section II- Benefits. It reads:

the Insured or Traveling Companion is required to work

during his/her scheduled Trip. He/she must provide proof of

requirement to work, such as a notarized statement signed

by an officer of his/her employer. In the situation of selfemployment,

proof of self-employment and a notarized

statement confirming that the Insured is unable to travel due

to his or her job obligations will be required;

Feel free to call TravelGuard to discuss, their reps are always friendly and knowledgeable. :)

Edited by jmf123

We always travel with insurance, but I didn't realize some would cover this. Thanks for the info! I think we decided to just go in May to make it easier. It seems so far away but I'm sure it will be here before we know it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk