private driver pick-up time in Southampton after debarkation

Sheltieluv

I have searched the boards trying to find what a recommended pick-up time would be after leaving the QM2 in Southampton. Have found lots of options for private car companies, and I will reserve one of those, but have no clue as to what time to tell the driver to meet us.

Assuming we are on deck 5, what do you folks suggest? (I have read that disembarking is done from the "top down"). I have also read about the "self-disembarkation" which could also be a possibility, so if anyone could suggest a pick-up time for that option, it would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

We have used Smiths for cars many times just email them and they will most likely tell you what the routine is.

Also If you can and want to you can self disembark, means you have to manage your luggage yourself, then you get to leave the ship as soon as she is cleared for disembarking approx 7.30. Many do this We have at least twice. Not hard if you can trundle you luggage. You asslemble in the Queens Room and the are told when you can go

Edited by electra2008

I will second Smith to the Airport... you can book on line, pay on day of service. Very professional.

When we arrange a car service pick up I generally tell them 9 am... this time seems to work out well. Generally off well ahead of driver, able to pick up luggage and wait for pick up.

Regardless, drivers do wait for passengers... enjoy your trip.

I have searched the boards trying to find what a recommended pick-up time would be after leaving the QM2 in Southampton. Have found lots of options for private car companies, and I will reserve one of those, but have no clue as to what time to tell the driver to meet us.

Assuming we are on deck 5, what do you folks suggest? (I have read that disembarking is done from the "top down"). I have also read about the "self-disembarkation" which could also be a possibility, so if anyone could suggest a pick-up time for that option, it would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sheltieluv,

Just to give you an idea of a typical disembarkation schedule, self-help disembarkation usually commences at 7:00am. For our last eastbound crossing in August, 2014, deck 5 staterooms were scheduled to be called off the ship at 9:55am.

Regards,

John.

When I booked Smiths to pick me up, I did not specify a time - just the name of the ship. They e-mailed an estimated pick-up of 9:30. As it turned out, I didn't even get off the ship until 9:30. No problem, they waited. The driver told me they were used to the uncertain disembarkation times.