Tendering Question

moonieelf

On my upcoming cruise we'll be making port in two locations that make the use of a tender rather than a dock. GSC, we've been to before, and we love so there will be no surprises there. Our TA told us we'll have to tender at Grand Cayman as well. What kind of tenders do they use there?

The reason why I'm asking if it's a shore supplied tender or a ship supplied tender is to prepare my father for the trip. He has mobility issues, and we'll be making use of a wheel chair for most of the cruise for him.

It can be either. But usually a shore supplied one. The ones for GSC are pretty large. If your dad can help himself on and off the tender with some assistance, he should be ok. The wheel chair had to be lifted on separately. Also, both ports can be pretty windy with big wave action. The tenders run until safety becomes an issue. However, even up until that point, they can become difficult to board even for persons without mobility difficulties. He should hope for the best, but not be too disappointed if he can't tender.