Zip line excursion...help!

vapple

Going on my first zip line (Celebrity/Ocho Rios) and wondered what to bring with me from the ship. ID of course. Do I need some cash and a credit card? Can I wear a back or fanny pack? Will I be able to take pictures as I zip line? :)

ALWAYS have ID on you!!! You won't be able to exit the ship without your ship's card! Yes...bring a bit of cash and a credit card...you never know what you might need!

You won't be able to wear a backpack while zipping..you can bring a camera if it has a wrist strap...wear shoes that won't come off...closed toe, too!

The excursion description should tell you what you'll need. If you have shorts with a velcro pocket, your stuff will be fine in there.

If you wear shorts, make sure they're long - the harness goes between your legs and will rub bare skin if you're in short shorts.

I had no problems taking photos (and a very screwy video) while zipping. It was a small digital point and shoot - but I have a big carabiner that I could use to connect the short strap of the camera to my chest harness. (Carabiners really do come in handy in the strangest places!)

Pay attention to the information they'll give you: about spinning (and which way to apply pressure when trying to stop spinnig - it's counter-intuitive!) and that legs straight out will slow you down, and curling them up will speed things up. Make sure you know how to stop your spins before curling those legs up!

And yes, your valuables in a small pocket, but no purse/backpack/etc. while on the zip-line course.