Concierge class vs Sky Suite

jvalentine

Hi everyone!

I'm considering doing the 7 day Norwegian Fjords cruise on the Eclipse next year and wanted to get your thoughts on staterooms. Is there a big difference between Concierge class and a Sky Suite? There is a pretty big price difference so wanted to get some feedback from folks who have experienced it.

This will be our first time on Celebrity too...so any tips or pointers would be great!

Thanks for the feedback. The biggest perk to me would likely be the priority embarkation/disembark. Space is also a great thing too. It's our 10 yr anniversary trip so we might splurge for the suite. Love that it leaves out of London though...less connecting flights!

Many people on here agree that the concierge class amenities are not worth much. The priority embarkation and debarcation are just lipservice and should not factor into your decision.

The sky suites are one and a half times bigger and have a lot of added amenities and may be well be worth the up charge. Otherwise I would recommend sticking with a standard balcony cabin in a good midship location and using your savings for a premium beverage package and dining in specialty restaurants, maybe even the ultimate dining package.

As mentioned, with the sky suite you would have the ability to dine in the new suite only restaurant, Luminae.

A butler, Luminae dining, in-suite full service dining if wanted, afternoon tea served to your stateroom, larger bedroom, closet and bath (including tub), larger balcony. You also get two free Specialty Dining meals with a 10 night cruise. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

Priority embarkation and disembarkation? Nah, that's really not anything. You just get on when they're ready to let you on. If you get to the ship early you'll get on earlier.

It's just some words they say. Please don't let that be part of your decision. If you need to get off the ship asap, then do self-disembarkation. Take all your cases (you have to be able to do this yourself) and line up at the appointed time about 45 minutes ahead of when they say. You'll be one of the first off. But it has nothing to do with concierge class. It has everything to do with you getting on the ball that morning.

That cabin name/designation (concierge) is kind of deceiving, as it seems to imply that it's got more special service. Nope, just a couple amenities and maybe a better location on the ship. On M class ships it may be a tad larger but on S class it's the same as balcony cabins and Aqua and everything else but suites.

We love sky suites and have been in them 6 times. Love the S1 corner aft suites. Love the space and the balcony. We're pretty independent and don't use the butler for much more than room service. We don't ask him to call for reservations for us, we can do that. But it's there if you want it. It just always seems silly to me to get someone to make a phone call when I can do it.

Now with the new suite restaurant, the suites are even more appealing.

I'm brand new to Celebrity and just starting to research the cabins. We've done a few Holland America cruises and most recently with them had a Neptune Suite so we do enjoy the space...and the extra perks were really nice. The coffee in the Neptune lounge is crazy good. As far as rooms go, I think X's rooms are going to be smaller, but more modern and I'm okay with that. (With a lot of scenic cruising the extra space is nice so I definitely lean more towards the Sky Suite.) I'll have to check into the Aqua class staterooms too! (Thanks for the tip!)

When I started to think about our next cruise I wanted to check out other companies and Celebrity's Norway Fjord itinerary caught my eye. Also eyeballing the Koningsdam's Viking Legend one as well, but we're relatively younger folks and Celebrity's ships seem more our speed..ie, craft beer selection, art classes, glass blowing seems cool, and entertainment options seemed a little more modern. Just more things on X's ships that peaked my interest. We're in our late 30's and by no means party animals...just give me a good book and a balcony and I'm set...especially with scenery like the Fjords. Also, the suite only restaurant on X really sounds intriguing too!

Difference is night and day. Sky Suite= butler service (morning breakfast on your balcony, larger cabin, Luminae (just for suite passengers), larger bathrooms, towels are larger. Your butler is your concierge, he makes diner, lunch, breakfast reservations and he is the one who brings your room service. He is the all to person to ask. IMHO with the new suite perks, this is the way to go. Good luck deciding.

I'm brand new to Celebrity and just starting to research the cabins. We've done a few Holland America cruises and most recently with them had a Neptune Suite so we do enjoy the space...and the extra perks were really nice. The coffee in the Neptune lounge is crazy good. As far as rooms go, I think X's rooms are going to be smaller, but more modern and I'm okay with that. (With a lot of scenic cruising the extra space is nice so I definitely lean more towards the Sky Suite.) I'll have to check into the Aqua class staterooms too! (Thanks for the tip!)

When I started to think about our next cruise I wanted to check out other companies and Celebrity's Norway Fjord itinerary caught my eye. Also eyeballing the Koningsdam's Viking Legend one as well, but we're relatively younger folks and Celebrity's ships seem more our speed..ie, craft beer selection, art classes, glass blowing seems cool, and entertainment options seemed a little more modern. Just more things on X's ships that peaked my interest. We're in our late 30's and by no means party animals...just give me a good book and a balcony and I'm set...especially with scenery like the Fjords. Also, the suite only restaurant on X really sounds intriguing too!

The Sky Suites are roughly the same size, although a tad smaller than the Signature Suites on HAL. The Neptune Suites are quite a bit larger.

F.Y.I.

The Aqua cabins are also just 194 sq ft with a balcony, nothing close to any of the suite level cabins. The main difference is Aqua does have a seperate dinning room, BLU, from the MDR. But from what friends have told us, BLU pales in comparison to the new Suite dinning room, Luminae.

If you really want the bigger cabin, you will have to book a suite.

Thanks for the feedback. The biggest perk to me would likely be the priority embarkation/disembark. Space is also a great thing too. It's our 10 yr anniversary trip so we might splurge for the suite. Love that it leaves out of London though...less connecting flights!

Agree with Claudia, priority embarkation is just a separate line, sometimes the regular lines are shorter, don' book a cabin for that. You should look at a compromise with an Aqua cabin.

There is no comparison between the two. The 'Concierge' cabin is just a balcony with a flower and an apple. There is nothing special about the cabin, nor any extra services that come with one.

Too funny. Don't forget the footstool! And the extra cruise credit :D.

The only time to consider Concierge Class cabins is if you are sailing on an M class ship and then only a C1 because of the awesome balconies.

For you, that may be the only time to consider CC. There are some (like us) who do book CC on S class.

OP, we booked a Sky Suite for an anniversary cruise. One of our fondest cruise memories was on this cruise. Our butler (Jesus, a fine man) did everything he could to make our cruise special. And when he found out it was our anniversary, he went over and above to make it special. Two beautiful napkin birds (I hope that makes sense) in 2 large beautiful wine glasses and rose petals on the table.

It would seem that the sky suits are very popular and are commanding a higher price. But we always get one and are very satisfied.

We have also sailed on Silver Sea and find them to be close to a Sky Suit price if you can get a deal.

We just spent 10 days in the Med for $3000 in a mid ship balcony . Unfortunately the air fare was pricey.

On a space available basis at $5.00 per person.

We've never been charged for Blu, when booked in a suite. But, seeing that the OP will get to dine in Luminae, which many believe to be superior to Blu, that's the best perk.

Our vote is for the Sky Suite for all of the reasons mentioned before-hand. The extra room does come in handy for scenic cruises, as you mentioned.

The "early embarkation and disembarkation" is not all that as others have stated. However, if like us, you arrive to the cruise terminal and there are hundreds in line, there usually is a designated line for Suite guests, and typically it does run faster. Others have had difference experiences certainly, but it's always worked for us.

I would look at an Aqua Class cabin over a Concierge...more / better amenities, in our opinion. Additionally, you have the Blu dining room and access to the day Persian Garden day spa, without the additional fee.