Celebrity Stateroom Question

VideoTech

We're considering moving our cruise money to Celebrity, and have been looking through the website.

One thing we noticed: It looks like all three "Balcony" stateroom classes (Aqua, Concierge, and Veranda) are really basically the same size & type of room, and vary only in the extras you do or do not get with the room?

If you look carefully at the website, they are all listed a "veranda" staterooms, and vary only a few feet in square footage.

Can someone tell me if that's true, and maybe explain the differences a bit more?

You're exactly right, they are identical, and don't vary in size at all.

CC and AQ come with so-called perks, many of which sound good on paper but are ephemeral, like 'priority' anything.

The main benefit, as many see it, is the ability to eat in Blu, the dedicated dining room for AQ pax. Supposedly 'cleaner' quisine, smaller room, theoretically better service, etc.

Other than that, you get footstools (apparently a high point for many people), different bathrobes, after noon canapés, etc.

Personally, after trying every class from inside to suites, we find the best VALUE to be a regular balcony in a good midship location and we use our savings for specialty restaurants, etc. Of course, YMMV!

It depends on which class of ship you are sailing. On Solstice (S) class, they are all the same size. On M (Millennium) class, concierge and aqua class cabins are a bit larger, about 20 s.ft., giving you just a bit more elbow room. EM

On the M class ships, there can be a variance, concierge being a hint larger for select cabins. On the S class ships, they are identical, but you get Persian Garden access with AQ, and of course Blue on both classes of ships. It was less expensive for me to book a nice balcony cabin and pay for a spa pass and specialty dining all week than it was for me to book an AQ cabin, but prices vary greatly from ship to ship, sailing to sailing, etc based on demand. Be diligent in your research and your cruise dollar will go far!

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

On the M class ships, there can be a variance, concierge being a hint larger for select cabins. On the S class ships, they are identical, but you get Persian Garden access with AQ, and of course Blue on both classes of ships. It was less expensive for me to book a nice balcony cabin and pay for a spa pass and specialty dining all week than it was for me to book an AQ cabin, but prices vary greatly from ship to ship, sailing to sailing, etc based on demand. Be diligent in your research and your cruise dollar will go far!

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Thanks, guess I should have specified we were looking at an S class ship. Glad to know I wasn't missing something.

Since we're not big Spa users, not sure it's really important for us to book Aqua class. Blu might be a benefit, although it seems to get mixed reviews.

You're exactly right, they are identical, and don't vary in size at all.

CC and AQ come with so-called perks, many of which sound good on paper but are ephemeral, like 'priority' anything.

The main benefit, as many see it, is the ability to eat in Blu, the dedicated dining room for AQ pax. Supposedly 'cleaner' quisine, smaller room, theoretically better service, etc.

Other than that, you get footstools (apparently a high point for many people), different bathrobes, after noon canapés, etc.

Personally, after trying every class from inside to suites, we find the best VALUE to be a regular balcony in a good midship location and we use our savings for specialty restaurants, etc. Of course, YMMV!

Thanks! Again, good to know I wasn't missing something when we looked at the website. It does sound like most of the "perks" are pretty lightweight.

One other thing I forgot to mention is that you DO get more points toward Elite status with either CC or AQ--although as a first time X cruiser that is probably not a critical factor for you.

We tried Blu, and although the food was fine, one of the things we really love about cruising is having dinner each night at a large table and making new friends. In Blu, the vast majority of the tables are two tops, and although people say they often chat with their neighbors (who are very close) it's not the same as having dinner together with the same people each night. DH and I eat dinner together every night, grown kids, so this is fun for us, and we have had some very interesting experiences!! On our last cruise, we almost requested a new table after the first night, but it ended up being a very fun and unusual table and we were happy we stayed.

Hi,

we are not big spa fans either. ON the NCL Breakaway we got great deal on a spa suite. We ended up loving it. It is a nice place to go that is not crowded and does not have kids around. We have nothing against kids but sometimes adult time is very enjoyable.

We are cruising Celebrity after doing NCL for many years. We got a great deal on the Aqua class room. The spa on the Summit does not look like it compares to the Breakaway but to have a quiet place to retreat to and a quiet place for breakfast was worth the upgrade for us.

My husband is the one that meets and talks to everyone...really getting gas when we travel cross country can be a half hour to an hour ordeal... and even he likes the solitude of the spa. It will be interesting to see how Celebrity Summit compares to the NCL Breakaway spa.

So I guess I am saying do not say you are not spa people until you try it.