Crown & Anchor Benefits - only Gold status

MissWriter

in four days, we'll be taking our very first cruise as Crown and Anchor members. We are Gold status. I've checked out the benefits on RC's site, but is there anything you'd like to point out that's a really neat perk?

You'll be invited to a welcome back gathering for repeat cruisers with complimentary drinks that will include rum punch, mimosas, etc. And as you've probably read, there will also be certain on board discount coupons loaded on your Sea Pass card.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

The welcome back gathering..is that normally something that is just a separate invite or is it normally listed on the cruise compass?

Reason why I ask is in my previous 6 cruises I was only invited once...never heard or even knew about it on the previous cruises.....but I enjoyed it a lot and want to make sure I don't miss any on future cruises!

Also when you check in at port there will be a special area by C & A status for you to wait in.....if you arrive before boarding starts.

I remember gold, and traveling with RCI we just hit Diamond after our last cruise.

Enjoy

The welcome back gathering..is that normally something that is just a separate invite or is it normally listed on the cruise compass?

Reason why I ask is in my previous 6 cruises I was only invited once...never heard or even knew about it on the previous cruises.....but I enjoyed it a lot and want to make sure I don't miss any on future cruises!

I was on Oasis 2 weeks ago there was a letter in my cabin and it was listed in the cruise compass. They had the gathering at the Aqua Theater in the morning with some drinks, a short diving show and a short talk by the Captain and the Hotel Director.

I was on Oasis 2 weeks ago there was a letter in my cabin and it was listed in the cruise compass. They had the gathering at the Aqua Theater in the morning with some drinks, a short diving show and a short talk by the Captain and the Hotel Director.

Apparently we were on the same cruise. There was also a sail-away gathering on the helipad (twice actually, but only because they were late departing the first time), but that may been for higher level members only (we are emerald). More of a photo-op than anything. Although there were free drinks, and "King Julian" made an appearance.

To the original question, the drink coupons are useful, and we have bought a couple of half-off pictures on occasion. We have gone to special C&A "meet the cast" or that type of event, but those now seem to be open to everybody.

One note: If you are planning on using your bogo/discount coupon for buying beer or a glass of wine, but you also buy pop/soda, make sure to tell the waiter not to use your coupon for the soda, since they will always apply the coupon automatically unless you tell them.

I will also say that this is the first time I have had an appreciation of how many people aren't C&A (so I assume first time on RC). We got to the port to board Oasis and had to wait (a first for us). Since there are separate sections for each C&A level, we could see just how many people there were at each level (or at least those who arrived early).