Liquor prices on board

OceanSea

Hi everyone,

We are sailing on the Grandeur on the 17th and I'm wondering what the liquor prices are on board? I've heard they are good but I'm interested in Crown, Jameson, and Bacardi. Is there a particular day that is best to buy liquor and will they do a price adjustment if it goes cheaper? This is the first cruise I've been on where I've wanted to buy liquor so sorry for the ignorance.

Thank you everyone!

I didn't find liquor prices to be that great on board. There's a slight discount and if you have room in your suitcase it's no biggie to buy it, but I wouldn't go out of your way to lug it back home. They had a lot of "2 bottles for $xx" deals on all the liquor, and it seems to save about $10 or less total than buying 2 bottles of crown at home. If you have a Costco with a liquor store in your town, you can buy crown for the same price or less than on the ship. I don't recall the exact price but I made a point to look at prices before we cruised so I could compare...I came home with no liquor, as I found I'd save about $2, which wasn't worth the hassle of wrapping it and lugging it in an already full suitcase.

I didn't find liquor prices to be that great on board. There's a slight discount and if you have room in your suitcase it's no biggie to buy it, but I wouldn't go out of your way to lug it back home. They had a lot of "2 bottles for $xx" deals on all the liquor, and it seems to save about $10 or less total than buying 2 bottles of crown at home. If you have a Costco with a liquor store in your town, you can buy crown for the same price or less than on the ship. I don't recall the exact price but I made a point to look at prices before we cruised so I could compare...I came home with no liquor, as I found I'd save about $2, which wasn't worth the hassle of wrapping it and lugging it in an already full suitcase.

Thank you. Crown costs about $35 here and I read online on a Carnival cruise prices could be $21.99 which is a good discount. I was curious how prices were on Royal. It's a Canadian and NE cruise so I know discounts at the ports are not going to happen.

Hi everyone,

We are sailing on the Grandeur on the 17th and I'm wondering what the liquor prices are on board? I've heard they are good but I'm interested in Crown, Jameson, and Bacardi. Is there a particular day that is best to buy liquor and will they do a price adjustment if it goes cheaper? This is the first cruise I've been on where I've wanted to buy liquor so sorry for the ignorance.

Thank you everyone!

Prices for the normal run-of-the-mill stuff like Crown and Bacardi is cheap on board and yes they will honor a price drop. They will also honor a cheaper price that you should find on shore. Just take a picture of it and show them. Personally, I find better deals on shore because they don't offer decent single malt scotch on board so I find better prices, particularly in Sint Maarten.

Last April, I bought a 1L Glenlivet master distiller's reserve for $49.99 US, but the great deal at the time was 4 one liter bottles of Grey Goose for $99. 2 bottles for $59.99. We still bought 1 bottle of GG for $34.99. I was only going to bring back our limit of 2 bottles and I was not going to go without my Glenlivet. My wife likes the GG in her Martinis.

dp

I was on Grandeur to Bermuda just two weeks ago in late August. They offered a 20% discount on the second night of the voyage for selected brands. I picked up two 1L bottles of Bombay Sapphire Gin for $36 during this sale. Do your shopping during the 20% sale, as it typically is not repeated later on in the sailing. Sorry I can't recall other prices.

Not sure what you pay in Ohio but on my June trip on the Grandeur I paid

$40.00 for two liters of Crown Royal Black which is an excellent buy.

As for the sale, it isn't on all brands. Prices remained the same on the whiskey and scotch. I could do just as well on the Gin and Vodka in the state of DE.

Not sure what you pay in Ohio but on my June trip on the Grandeur I paid

$40.00 for two liters of Crown Royal Black which is an excellent buy.

As for the sale, it isn't on all brands. Prices remained the same on the whiskey and scotch. I could do just as well on the Gin and Vodka in the state of DE.

$40 is around one bottle here for Crown so I will definitely buy early then get a price adjustment if necessary. Thank you everyone!

Hi everyone,

Thank you everyone!

Are you driving from Ohio to Baltimore?

If not, it's not worth dealing with it on a plane, IMO.

YMMV

:)

For comparison, these were the prices from Liberty in May:

Crown Royal, Crown Royal Black, 2 for $37

Crown Royal Special Reserve $39.99

Jameson Irish $31.99

Bacardi Superior Light, Limon, Gold, Oakheart, Select, 2 for $22

Bacardi 8, 2 for $45

YMMV and what is listed is not always in stock.

Check bottle sizes before purchasing; I bought a bottle last cruise that I assumed was going to be 1 L and it was smaller (500ml?)

Get a price list when you see one and keep it with you: I bought 2 bottles listed at one price on the list, they wanted to charge me more. They 'adjusted' it when I showed them their own list.

Do bear in mind the volume you are getting.

Most bottles in liquor stores are 750ml (or half/double that). But that's the normal size.

Many bottles on the ships are 1L.

Still- some are not, especially the higher end stuff.

But a volume of 33% bigger is important to note.