Don't stay on the Starboard if you can

Robbie22

After 4 cruises all on the smaller ships, I guess I'm a slow learner, I've figured out a couple of things. The ships can only refuel (bunker) on the starboard side so the veranda can't be used while this is going on, it stinks. The fan from the smoking area blows out that same side and you can smell the smoke. Go Port side if you can. Good luck Robbie22.:D

After 4 cruises all on the smaller ships, I guess I'm a slow learner, I've figured out a couple of things. The ships can only refuel (bunker) on the starboard side so the veranda can't be used while this is going on, it stinks. The fan from the smoking area blows out that same side and you can smell the smoke. Go Port side if you can. Good luck Robbie22.:D

Sorry, but this is simply not true. Regatta bunkered from the port side in San Francisco on Wednesday, September 2, 2015.

Does it really matter, it's only for a short time.

Rick

Well, I know, we're talking, what, 6-8 hours for an "R" ship? But the OP does have a point, don't you think? I mean, the stench is fairly overpowering, and if you've a mind to use your balcony/deck during the process, well…you'll probably change your mind. But, c'mon, let's face it, there is no avoiding bunkering…unless you want to fly home early!

;)