NCL Latitudes Reward Program

betty em

I've just been extremely disappointed to find out that the info regarding the rewards program is not correct as listed on NCL's website. It says here you get 1 point per night plus another point per night for an insider offer:

http://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program (8 points total for a 4 night cruise)

It says here "For the month of September only we have a special offer just for you. Receive one additional point per night when booking select sailings on the three unforgettable destinations below." http://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/insider-offer (additional 4 points for a 4 night cruise)

But when you book the cruise, they tell you you only get 8 points and say the above sentence only refers to the original points normally offered in the latitudes program.

Granted, its only 4 points, but to me this looks like bait and switch. This is the kind of business practice that causes loyal customers to switch cruise lines. Its petty and mean-spirited.

Has anyone else run into this situation or is it just Reservation Supervisor Crystal throwing her weight around and refusing to bump this inquiry up to someone who can actually honor the wordage on the website?

You get one extra point per night if you book the insider offer. For September, the offer is the cruises listed on that page, so you get one extra point.

Are you thinking you should get 12 points? If so then it looks like you are trying to get the insider offer bonus twice.

Or maybe I've misunderstood you.

You would normally only get 4 points for that cruise....1 point per day.

With the latitudes insider special for the month of September they are giving you an additional point per day.

So, 1 point per day for taking the cruise = 4 points

1 point with the Latitude insider special = 4 points.

That's a total of 8 points. Am I missing something.

The only way you'd get more points is if you booked 9 months out, then you'd get an extra point per day to equal a total of 12 points.

or

If you booked a suite/Haven - you'd also get an extra point per day for that to equal a total of 16 points if you had everything available to you.

Still....am I missing something because I think the 4 points plus 4 points to equal 8 points is correct.

Harriet

I've just been extremely disappointed to find out that the info regarding the rewards program is not correct as listed on NCL's website. It says here you get 1 point per night plus another point per night for an insider offer:

http://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program (8 points total for a 4 night cruise)

It says here "For the month of September only we have a special offer just for you. Receive one additional point per night when booking select sailings on the three unforgettable destinations below." http://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/insider-offer (additional 4 points for a 4 night cruise)

But when you book the cruise, they tell you you only get 8 points and say the above sentence only refers to the original points normally offered in the latitudes program.

Granted, its only 4 points, but to me this looks like bait and switch. This is the kind of business practice that causes loyal customers to switch cruise lines. Its petty and mean-spirited.

Has anyone else run into this situation or is it just Reservation Supervisor Crystal throwing her weight around and refusing to bump this inquiry up to someone who can actually honor the wordage on the website?

It seems very clear on the offer.... only one additional point per night, nothing more. So you will get 8 points. No bait, no switch, no petty and no mean. It is very clear in the offer.

Thanks for all the input. However, Arzeena, no, I don't believe it really is all that clear, since 2 booking agents, Sue J., and another named Becky both told me it looked to them that it added up to 12 points as well. Obviously, from their perspective, its not even completely clear as glass to the people who are dealing with it on a daily basis for their livelihood.

Thanks for all the input. However, Arzeena, no, I don't believe it really is all that clear, since 2 booking agents, Sue J., and another named Becky both told me it looked to them that it added up to 12 points as well. Obviously, from their perspective, its not even completely clear as glass to the people who are dealing with it on a daily basis for their livelihood.

You've lost me as well :confused:

Perhaps you could walk us through the math and show where the discrepancy lies?

I see a 4 night cruise.

That is 1 point per night PLUS 1 additional point per night for the insider offer EQUALS a total of 8 points.

What is the issue?

but to me this looks like bait and switch. This is the kind of business practice that causes loyal customers to switch cruise lines. Its petty and mean-spirited.

Only thing missing from this line is a "Better Business Bureau" mention...

:rolleyes:

4 + 4 = 8

There's no bait & switch. The red item IS the Insider Offer.

You are booking the INsider Offer for the additional point per sail day. You are taking the other statement from the Latitudes Rewards program. they are one in the same, the quoted offer is telling you which ships and itineraries are available for the month of September.

I don't understand.

4 points for the cabin

4 points for latitudes offer

Where was the rest coming from ?

OP thinks that same offer of additional points listed in two separate pages means that they'd get twice the additional points.

No bait and switch. Pretty obvious what you are supposed to get.

Umm, I think you need better booking agents that know how to add up reward points properly....:eek: What everyone else is saying is right - you get one 1 point for each night (4 nights) and another 4 points for being a inside offer for those 4 nights. So pretty much 4 +4=8....

Umm, I think you need better booking agents that know how to add up reward points properly....:eek: What everyone else is saying is right - you get one 1 point for each night (4 nights) and another 4 points for being a inside offer for those 4 nights. So pretty much 4 +4=8....

So a booking agent needs to be able to calculate Latitudes points now?

I suppose the Latitudes clerical staff should also know how to book reservations as well?

So a booking agent needs to be able to calculate Latitudes points now?

I suppose the Latitudes clerical staff should also know how to book reservations as well?

If a person going with reasoning or excuse that their booking agents said they were entitled to 12 points when its clearly 8 points due what they listed in their opening post - the booking agents needs to state why they think that person is entitle to extra 4 points, when the Latidudes Rewards earning rules are pretty crystal clear cut.

Personally, I think the OP wants to believe what the booking agents said was true even though the evidence and other posters say otherwise - imo, the booking agents confused the math/rules of Latitdudes, BADLY (How did they mess up on something that has one of the most super simple explanation / breakdown of earning reward points? Who knows...).

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

If a person going with reasoning or excuse that their booking agents said they were entitled to 12 points when its clearly 8 points due what they listed in their opening post - the booking agents needs to state why they think that person is entitle to extra 4 points, when the Latidudes Rewards earning rules are pretty crystal clear cut.

Personally, I think the OP wants to believe what the booking agents said was true even though the evidence and other posters say otherwise - imo, the booking agents confused the math/rules of Latitdudes, BADLY (How did they mess up on something that has one of the most super simple explanation / breakdown of earning reward points? Who knows...).

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Yes...it does make you wonder why. Of course, it might make more sense if we knew what was asked as well as what was answered.

The OP still hasn't explained the calculation to us in an understandable way...imagine what may have been asked of the poor booking agent.

You are mistakenly thinking that the offer above which is the latitudes insider offer for September on those specific cruises is in addition to the latitudes insider offer. When it is actually simply that is the list of cruises that the extra additional 4 points can be awarded on.

There is only one offer and that is the offer from September. No other cruises qualify for the additional points in September. Next month it may well be that none of those cruises listed will qualify as there will be a new list of qualifying cruises that get 1 extra point per night.

You get one point per night for any booking. You can get a second point per night for booking 9 months ahead which makes it possible for some people to get 2 points per night. You can get a further 1 point for being in a suite so some people can get up to 3 points for each night but if they book a suite 8 months or less out they lose the extra 9 month point so can only get 2 points. It is possible to get 4 points per night if all of the previous 3 conditions are met AND it is an insider offer.

So, for you to get 1 point per night you can book a 4 night cruise up to not quite 9 months out and if it is a latitudes insider offer that will add an extra point and double the points that cruise will earn to 8. I think this is probably you.

You can make that 8 into 12 only if you book either 9 months before departure or a suite. So unless your sailing date is at least 9 mmonths away or you have bookes suite your maths are wrong. No bait and switch just you trying to double dip and only NCL is allowed to double dip you not you double dip them.