Latest Price For Wash, Cut & Style

karinad

Warning...... sit down before continuing to read.....

SALON

PHYTO Hair Conditioning Treatments:

Phyto Thirst Quencher, Rescue Remedy, Botanical Bliss / 30 minutes ................... $49

Frangipani Hair & Scalp Conditioning Ritual / 25 minutes ............................. $29

Keratin Express Blow Out .................................................................. from $171

Shampoo / Style Dry ........................................................................... from $35

Shampoo / Cut and Style Dry ............................................................. from $59

Fringe Trim ................................................................................................. $15

Hair Up ............................................................................................... from $49

Highlights full head ............................................................................... from $89

Permanent Color roots only ................................................................... from $69

Permanent Color whole head ................................................................ from $95

Semi-Permanent Color ....................................................................... from $55

Phyto Styling Add-ons: Blowout Straight, Blowout Volume, Color Protector…... from $5

This is from Carnival.com site. Maybe have a Salon day prior to your trip.

Assuming they have qualified stylists, that doesn't seem too outrageous at all. Not far off what land based salons charge.

When I look at their spa services prices I expected much higher salon service prices!

I was just going to say that! Although, the prices would be in CDN for me.....

Warning...... sit down before continuing to read.....

SALON

PHYTO Hair Conditioning Treatments:

Phyto Thirst Quencher, Rescue Remedy, Botanical Bliss / 30 minutes ................... $49

Frangipani Hair & Scalp Conditioning Ritual / 25 minutes ............................. $29

Keratin Express Blow Out .................................................................. from $171

Shampoo / Style Dry ........................................................................... from $35

Shampoo / Cut and Style Dry ............................................................. from $59

Fringe Trim ................................................................................................. $15

Hair Up ............................................................................................... from $49

Highlights full head ............................................................................... from $89

Permanent Color roots only ................................................................... from $69

Permanent Color whole head ................................................................ from $95

Semi-Permanent Color ....................................................................... from $55

Phyto Styling Add-ons: Blowout Straight, Blowout Volume, Color Protector…... from $5

This is from Carnival.com site. Maybe have a Salon day prior to your trip.

What is a Hair Up for $49.? Just styling your hair up in curls, etc.? Wow! I guess that $59. isn't to outrageous for the cruise ship, but certainly more then I ever paid. Yes, it does depend on how good the person is on whether it's worth it. Add the tip onto it and it's very pricey! Do they have a set tip that gets added onto your S&S Card?

karinad - What do updos cost in your area?

I just checked 5 different salons around me (in a LCOL area of the country- midwest, small city) and they are $55-75; with additional charges for long hair, textured hair, or a difficult style. So Carnival is actually LESS!

BTW, I'll be on The Dream, so if anyone has a favorite Stylist there that I could ask for feel free to mention if it's allowed.

Skittl.....I have no idea what an up-do would cost in our area. I will be sure to look. A wash, cut and style would cost $25 to $50. We live in a small town, so, what's "normal" here wouldn't be in NYC that's about 2 hrs. from us.

What is a Hair Up for $49.? Just styling your hair up in curls, etc.? Wow! I guess that $59. isn't to outrageous for the cruise ship, but certainly more then I ever paid. Yes, it does depend on how good the person is on whether it's worth it. Add the tip onto it and it's very pricey! Do they have a set tip that gets added onto your S&S Card?

I had wash & style back in 2008 and it was $35. so it doesn't look as those prices have gone up by that much. Unfortunately, I was not thrilled with the outcome.

Tip was in cash rather than on S&S card. This may have changed since 2008, though.

Those prices are not that bad. I pay more where I live for a hair cut and style. Was thinking of getting a up-do for our elegant night photos.

Just a suggestion...book your appointment soon after boarding, it often happens that many people have the same idea.

have a great cruise

• 2 months later...
My biggest fear is getting a great haircut onboard. Now that would be an expensive next appointment.

I had this happen! Best haircut ever and the stylist that did it was leaving to return to school so I couldn't even follow her around (another excuse to cruise). I have had cuts and color on several ships and have always been happy. The prices aren't bad at all. I usually have at least a $100 tab at home and that is just for touch up.

My biggest fear is getting a great haircut onboard. Now that would be an expensive next appointment.

Maybe it should be NOT getting a good haircut. I made the mistake of deciding to get my hair cut on a cruise a couple of years ago. I couldn't wait to get back to my regular stylist to fix it after the cruise. It was horrible.

So glad I live in a small town and go to someone who has their shop at home. Shampoo and set is $10. $12 if she trims my hair. Perm with the set and all is like $42.

Was on a Naval Base and had a shampoo, set and combiout and the bill was $28 plus tip.

To me an appointment consists of shampoo, dry, curl and combout. For $10. Still will plan on having hair done on ship this cruise.