San Diego Airport To Pier - Shuttle ?

GreenValleyDogWalker

I read previous posts that recommended a taxi from the San Diego Aiport to the Ship - much cheaper than the cruise shuttle - but - here's my dumb question for the day - ;)

when you take a taxi ("on your own") do you then end up juggling all your own lugguage on to the ship and into your room ?

(At least when you take the cruise shuttle - your lugguage is hauled to your room for you .)

Still recommend a taxi ?

ccliff5

Make sure that the Taxi Driver takes you and your luggage ON the pier - do NOT let him/her drop you and your luggage off on the street. Many cruise goers see the big line out on the street and think that is where you should be - NOT!!! Otherwise you will have to wait in that long line and then lug your luggage up to the porters.

Tom

Fern,

I would contact the cruise Line before hand - normally they have plenty of wheel chairs available to help the passengers get aboard. In San Diego, the Cruise Terminal has both an elevator and a long ramp with some stairs.

I hope this helps.

Tom

ccliff5

Make sure that the Taxi Driver takes you and your luggage ON the pier - do NOT let him/her drop you and your luggage off on the street. Many cruise goers see the big line out on the street and think that is where you should be - NOT!!! Otherwise you will have to wait in that long line and then lug your luggage up to the porters.

Tom

in that line if the real line is on the pier? I will be walking from the hotel across the street and wld really appreciate it if u wld tell me exactly where I shld go?

Many thanks in advance.

Happy cruisin'!

cruisecrasy,

My suggestion is NOT to walk over, but rather have the hotel take you and your luggage over to the pier via its shuttle. That way, you will be on the dock, right in front of the cruise terminal (instead of in the long line on the street, waiting to go onto the dock and then into the cruise terminal) and it will only cost you a tip to the hotel's driver.

Tom

in that line if the real line is on the pier? I will be walking from the hotel across the street and wld really appreciate it if u wld tell me exactly where I shld go?

Many thanks in advance.

Happy cruisin'!

you can walk around the people and go down the side the the terminal and find a porter to take your luggage.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

We are going on the Carnival Spirit cruise leaving Nov 8, for our honeymoon. We are looking for suggestions on the best place to park for security, access to cruise terminal, and cost. I understand that is is cheaper to take a taxi rather than the cruise shuttle. What would we expect to pay for each.

Jan

Archived