Nice Seafood Restaurant near FLL & the beach

Crablegs77

We have about 4 - 5 hours to spend in Ft. Lauderdale before our flight. We plan on checking our luggage in early so not to have to carry them every where.

Would like to find a nice restaurant (or Bar & Grill) to spend our time and enjoy the view of the beach.

Would like somewhere close to the airport as not to spend to much time traveling back n forth.

Thank you,

We have about 4 - 5 hours to spend in Ft. Lauderdale before our flight. We plan on checking our luggage in early so not to have to carry them every where.

Would like to find a nice restaurant (or Bar & Grill) to spend our time and enjoy the view of the beach.

Would like somewhere close to the airport as not to spend to much time traveling back n forth.

Thank you,

Probably LuLus is going to be the closest restaurant on the beach that serves seafood.

Aruba is better but further away in Lauderdale-By-The-Sea.

Not overlooking the beach but the intra-coastal is one of our favorite restaurants: Coconuts. Get a table outdoors and have a nice view of the yachts and houses across the waterway (and the boats that dock right there).

We like Lulu's too - especially for the view of the beach - but think the food at Coconuts is better.

You can't go wrong with either Lulu's or Coconuts, but the ambience and food is much nicer at Coconuts. Even closer to the airport is Southport raw bar waterfront dining, but the view isn't as nice and food is served picnic style (paper/plastic/styrofoam). It's very popular though, so if you're not looking for anything too special you can't go wrong. All these places have websites and menus online.

You can't go wrong with either Lulu's or Coconuts, but the ambience and food is much nicer at Coconuts. Even closer to the airport is Southport raw bar waterfront dining, but the view isn't as nice and food is served picnic style (paper/plastic/styrofoam). It's very popular though, so if you're not looking for anything too special you can't go wrong. All these places have websites and menus online.

Coconuts is definitely much better than LuLus.

Your view is of the Intracoastal and the mega yachts.

I really like Coconuts ... they have great conch fritters and for those who like crabs, their "scoobies" are very popular.

I went to 15th Street Fisheries last weekend and was rather disappointed with the food quality.

I live in Lauderdale by the Sea, and while I support our local businesses, Aruba Cafe's food is just average for what they charge. The plus is that their beachfront location cannot be beat and they have a really good happy hour and nightly entertainment.

I prefer Blue Moon Fish Company (Intracoastal) and SEA Restaurant.

Just my opinion of course!

Edited by brunello22