Houston Taxi Options, port to Hobby Apt.

JeeperDon

I'd like to know current taxi options for disembarking a Princess cruise this coming March. I've been to Ft.Lauderdale a lot, where taxies are just waiting as you leave the ship, no reservations. But their ride is a lot shorter than in Houston.

Are unreserved taxis easy to get quickly at Bayport, like Ft Lauderdale, or do I need a reservation? My flight leaves a bit earlier than Princess is comfortable with, so I'm looking at my own transfer.

I'd like to know current taxi options for disembarking a Princess cruise this coming March. I've been to Ft.Lauderdale a lot, where taxies are just waiting as you leave the ship, no reservations. But their ride is a lot shorter than in Houston.

Are unreserved taxis easy to get quickly at Bayport, like Ft Lauderdale, or do I need a reservation? My flight leaves a bit earlier than Princess is comfortable with, so I'm looking at my own transfer.

You don't need a reservation for a taxi. There are plenty.

I paid $80 for a cab to Hobby, after a very long fog delay,

and a near-riot disembarking.

That was more than I paid for a car service from Hobby to the port.

Personally, I would try to reserve a car service, but check

on additional charges if the ship arrives hours late due to fog.

We plan on doing the same thing but as our flight is later in the day we plan to stay on the ship as long as possible. If we don't get off (if we can) until 10am will there still be plenty of taxis available?

Around then taxis will be arriving to drop off new passengers.

There may not be a line of taxis waiting for you, but you should not have to wait long to get one.

Princess xfers will get you to the airport cheaper, but you will arrive there earlier.

When we disembarked in Houston last spring, the disembarkation for the last bus to Hobby was scheduled for 9:10 AM. The last disembarkation time for anyone was at 10:20 AM.

They also offered (8:30 AM) a transfer to Hobby that first had a tour of Space Center Houston near the Johnson Space Center. I do not know what time that bus was scheduled to reach the airport.

Edited by caribill