NCL Hull painting

navybankerteacher

What do you think about the decoration on the forward part of NCL ships hulls?

A) Think they add to cruise mood/experience in some way.

B) Think they are a silly waste of paint/money.

C) Couldn't care less.

Marketing genius, the Escape's is particularly beautiful too. Many other lines have followed and to see a photo of an NCL ship without it makes it look naked.

I have always liked the hull art even though it's true that we can't see it once onboard (tho you can still see Pearls when you go deck 7 aft on the Pearl and same for other Jewel class ships). I have always thought that the hull art gives the ship style..if that makes any sense.

I've always said there's hull art, and then there's hull art. The Sun's is absolutely perfect, and by far the best of the bunch. I also like the Sky's, very pretty. After that, they're kind of pedestrian but don't really bother me. Except for the Breakaway, which I think is hideous, but I like the Getaway's swirlies. I haven't seen much of the Escape, except for all the fish. I'm not sure what fish have to do with escape, but I'm pretty unsophisticated when it comes to artsy stuff. I don't find anything at all attractive about the Epic's outside silhouette, though the inside looks very nice.

I agree with those who mentioned the dark hulls of HAL, Cunard, and Disney. Very nice.