Carnival Spirit guaranteed balcony.

stingau

This is our first guaranteed booking. All previous cruises we have picked the cabin, but this offer was to good to refuse. Looking for comments from others who have booken this type of deal. What cabin did you end up with, I am assuming that you get the leftover unwanted cabins, either noise or obstructed.

We booked this as the agent told us that on the Spirit the obstructed balconies are only obstructed to railing height so the view standing isn't an issue.

Tell me your guaranteed outcomes, esp those on Spirit or Legend

This is our first guaranteed booking. All previous cruises we have picked the cabin, but this offer was to good to refuse. Looking for comments from others who have booken this type of deal. What cabin did you end up with, I am assuming that you get the leftover unwanted cabins, either noise or obstructed.

We booked this as the agent told us that on the Spirit the obstructed balconies are only obstructed to railing height so the view standing isn't an issue.

Tell me your guaranteed outcomes, esp those on Spirit or Legend

I just booked 2 guarantee balconies for my daughter and friends on carnival legend. Like you the price was to good to pass up, $1075 with $400OBC for 10 nights in January.

I was on carnival spirit in January and didn't like it at all but for my 20 year old daughter it will be fine.

I must of checked three times a day to see if a cabin has been allocated. Considering it was the same price as an inside, the worst balcony will still be better than an inside!

I will report back when a cabin gets allocated. I'm not sure of the process for carnival, whether they normally allocate quickly or wait till closer to sail away. My daughter won't care, it's just me and my OCD:eek:

Thanks for the positive sounding imput, one more thing how far ahead were you told of your cabin. The website stated you youmaynot know until when you board.

I've had guarantees allocated within days of booking, and at the pier as I board.

It probably depends on how the cruise is selling.

We are sailing on the Carnival Spirit on the 14th October. First time we have gone guaranteed. We are not fussy with cabins and went inside, as we have on all previous cruises, and booked the cheapest fare we could get on Riveria Deck 1. But $723 each plus cabin credit was to good to pass up. We received our cabin a week ago. We have been given 8143 which is below the lido deck so may well be noisy but I think Deck 1 would have been noisy too. It is towards the front but we do not have a problem with being sea sick and spend no time in our cabin anyway other than to crash. So we are more than happy. A cruise is as great as you make it and we intend to have the best time ever since this is the first one childless.

Edited by mavrick5

I booked a guaranteed balcony on the spirit, a little bit nervous but still prepared to take any balcony at the price. We were very happy with deck 8, only 3 cabins from the back. Received allocation about 4 weeks out. Loved it...the only time we had a problem was during the bathrobe party at the serenity bar above, which went into the early hours. We were late to bed anyway but I still rang reception at about 1am and asked when the music would be turned down. They were very apologetic and to be honest I fell asleep 5 minutes after I called. Next morning received a call with $56 per person cabin credit (not sure how they came to the figure?). Also, at dinner we were approached by name and offered a bottle of wine, which I worked out was about $50 value. Now that is what I call customer service!

I have also accepted a waitlist booking with P&O without a cabin allocated. Very happy with allocation and 2 further upgrades ...thank you very much!

Really...if I'm cruising I'm happy with any cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums