What is fascinating about the Fascination?

iloverags2

She's a little older and maybe showing a little more class in her middle aged years :) Just like me! :)

We like her because she's smaller, and more intimate. You can see the same people and feel neighborly. She feels less rushed, like you have more time to relax. She's easier to get around on, to remember what is on each deck. You also don't have to go up or down a deck to get to where you want to go.

There's always a chair, or a seat in a theater.

She's not for every one, I'll admit. She doesn't have rope courses or Guy's Burgers. She doesn't have a big huge water slide park, though she does have a slide and kids area that's really nice.

She's the lady in the park that you know you can be yourself with. She's that Sunday afternoon nap that you don't have to feel guilty about. ;)

Currently onboard the Fascination, our first Carnival cruise, on the way to Nassau. So far we have enjoyed it, crew is great, the food has been good and we have had fun and relaxed. Will let yall know more after a few days.

We sailed the Fascination in January to celebrate my husband and his twin sister's 60th birthday. Since the in laws live in Jacksonville, sailing her was an easy choice.

I loved many things about the ship; her size, the crew and the weather was perfect for this Florida girl now living in Kentucky.

Honestly, my very favorite part was sailing down the St. Johns River. It was very special to sit on the balcony with the in laws and listen to my husband and his sister talk about all the places on shore as we cruised by...simply loved that part.

Also, I can't remember the name of the guy who helps sail the ship out of the river...but...anyway...that guy. We were able to see the 'guy' get off the Fascination and step onto his boat right before we sailed out of the mouth of the river. He was on our side, right below our balcony. Very, very cool!!

Oh..and I loved the price.

We sail in two week out of New Orleans on the Dream...time to celebrate my 60th!

Have fun!!!

Jayne

Edited by flgator55

We sailed the Fascination in January to celebrate my husband and his twin sister's 60th birthday. Since the in laws live in Jacksonville, sailing her was an easy choice.

I loved many things about the ship; her size, the crew and the weather was perfect for this Florida girl now living in Kentucky.

Honestly, my very favorite part was sailing down the St. Johns River. It was very special to sit on the balcony with the in laws and listen to my husband and his sister talk about all the places on shore as we cruised by...simply loved that part.

Also, I can't remember the name of the guy who helps sail the ship out of the river...but...anyway...that guy. We were able to see the 'guy' get off the Fascination and step onto his boat right before we sailed out of the mouth of the river. He was on our side, right below our balcony. Very, very cool!!

We sail in two week out of New Orleans on the Dream...time to celebrate my 60th!

Have fun!!!

Jayne

The Pilot ;)

Why do you Fascination lovers love sailing her? Is it the small, intimate size of the ship? Or is it the engaging crew members? Or maybe it's just the thrill of sailing under the Dames Point Bridge? Give me reasons why I should sail her! TIA!

I've cruise on Fascination twice, once from Miami and once from Jacksonville. Both cruises we're a lot of fun. I liked leaving from Jacksonville. It's only about two hours from my house, and the embarkation process was easy. It was also interesting that you board the ship from the pier instead of on an elevated gangway. It's reminiscent of a bygone era.

The ship itself is one of my favorites because it's a Fantasy Class vessel. I love the older and smaller ships. Most of my Carnival cruise have been on them, and they feel very comfortable.

Why do you Fascination lovers love sailing her? Is it the small, intimate size of the ship? Or is it the engaging crew members? Or maybe it's just the thrill of sailing under the Dames Point Bridge? Give me reasons why I should sail her! TIA!

Absolutely nothing !!!

Was just on her 2 weeks back - 3rd time on her. Most recent was enjoyable and prior times too. Reading the varied responses, especially the "nothing" made me laugh. I understand the negative and positive comments. It's an older ship, showing some age in places more than others. The layout is fitting with an older ship, sometimes choppy as upgrades were made based on room versus flow. If you expect quantum, oasis or allure type flow or feel, you'll be disappointed. I was actually expecting worse, as I knew it is an older ship but was happily surprised that it's not as worn as I thought and the areas showing the age, I was accepting of it. My mental prep is, it's an older smaller ship but I'm happy to be cruising and can get over the minimal things and focus on the fun and enjoyable.

I personally have a very special reason for loving the Fascination. I met my husband on the Fascination when she was new and now we have been married almost 19 years. We would love to sail her again, but we just can't justify air fare from Arizona to Jacksonville for a short cruise. Maybe someday......

This is our 3rd or 4th time on this ship. I usually just go on the ship with the best price for us in the time window we can cruise. I cant tell a lot of difference between Fantasy, Fascination or Elation. Quick to get around on compared to Dream. I enjoy all the ships. I do wish however they would put at least Guy's Burgers on all the ships.

I too will be on Fascination again on Oct 5! See you on board!

Have fun!!!

Jayne

I'm hoping to have fun soon on her! Guess my time to sail her from Jax is drawing to a close so I better make plans soon!

Currently onboard the Fascination, our first Carnival cruise, on the way to Nassau. So far we have enjoyed it, crew is great, the food has been good and we have had fun and relaxed. Will let yall know more after a few days.

Is there any way you could post pictures of all of the Funtimes when you get back? We are planning a cruise on the Fascination on January 16 for our 50th birthday (I have a twin sister) so would love to see what is in store for us!

I love going under the bridge, I like that we follow the coast of florida throughout the night. I love HMC, I love that she is only a 5-6 hour drive-probably less but i have to stop at cracker barrels and welcome centers:D

I like the slide area in the back, the size of the cabins, the fact that the staff really does a great job (wonder if it is still a training ship) ? I like the layout, and there is just enough of nothing to do, to make me relax and do nothing.

Which, is what I like to do on a ship.:)