Port Everglades Area Cruise Hotel

tripster

Thank you both. I had checked out the Florida Departure board, but didn't post there.

I currently have the Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port booked. It looked like the best choice for us room-wise and price-wise. :)

Thank you both. I had checked out the Florida Departure board, but didn't post there.

I currently have the Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port booked. It looked like the best choice for us room-wise and price-wise. :)

I have stayed at almost a dozen different pre-cruise hotels in FL, including that one. It's fine. They are all fine.

IMO, choose on the basis of what is important to you:

1. proximity of some place to eat dinner the night before your cruise

2. free airport shuttle

3. free breakfast

Most of the time, I stay at a Hilton property, because I use "points". But when I am with friends, the choices broaden. The Comfort Suites was fine for us. It is in a "cluster" of hotels, all fine.

:)

I stayed at the Hilton garden inn Was nice decent price on travelocity. No free breakfast. But they did have a shuttle to the cruise port but not one to pick up to take from the cruise port to the hotel. Something you may want to look out for if your staying over after the cruise. does the hotel have a courtesy van for pick up? Cost only a few dollars by car service but I guess every penny counts. ImageUploadedByForums1442195738.246696.jpg.d4488785f5d0b0bfd7f89cf364d8c5cd.jpg

As a family we stayed at Embassy Suites on 17th, and DH stayed at the nearby Hyatt Place. We really liked the ES and he liked the Hyatt. Pretty sure they both have queen beds, and I know the ES has free breakfast (decent!) and a cocktail hour as well.

In the future I'd just take a cab to/from the port; taking the shuttle from the airport to the ES and from ES to the port was not free and (to the port) was annoying and took a long time. To the port, for the 3 of us, was more than a cab would have been, too.

I have stayed in that hotel several times. Its nothing fancy, but its nice.

As a family we stayed at Embassy Suites on 17th, and DH stayed at the nearby Hyatt Place. We really liked the ES and he liked the Hyatt. Pretty sure they both have queen beds, and I know the ES has free breakfast (decent!) and a cocktail hour as well.

In the future I'd just take a cab to/from the port; taking the shuttle from the airport to the ES and from ES to the port was not free and (to the port) was annoying and took a long time. To the port, for the 3 of us, was more than a cab would have been, too.

I do really like this hotel, as it has the great breakfast, happy hour, and its clean.. but gets VERY spendy at times.

We also always do the embassy suite on 17st, great location 10 min taxi from pier

We like the ES on 17th as well. (breakfast and mgr reception is a big plus for us.) Restaurants, grocery store, wine store all within walking distance. Close to both the cruise port and the airport.

We tried the Hyatt near it once, and my only complaint was they charge you a parking fee. Even though I specifically mentioned it when we checked in and was told it would be removed. Surprise it was there upon check-out and I had to wait again to have them remove it.