What time did you get off the NCL Star in Tampa?

coffeeaddiction12345

Just wondering what time people were able to disembark the ship in Tampa (Star).

We have a very early flight- not our choice but the flight was a gift. We can't afford to change it so we're crossing our fingers we'll make it, just trying to get a sense of exactly what time you were cleared to disembark? We plan to wake up at 5am to wait in line and be among the first off.

Just wondering what time people were able to disembark the ship in Tampa (Star).

We have a very early flight- not our choice but the flight was a gift. We can't afford to change it so we're crossing our fingers we'll make it, just trying to get a sense of exactly what time you were cleared to disembark? We plan to wake up at 5am to wait in line and be among the first off.

Typically you are allowed off beginning around 8:00 a.m. It is rare that it ever happens prior to that time. Plan on about 30 minutes to leave the ship, get a cab and get to the airport and then another 30 minutes to clear security.

If you have a flight prior to about 10:30 don't count on making it though it is possible.

We have walked off by 8 am also. We have a 10:20 am flight leaving Tampa. Daylight saving time ends so that gives us a extra hour. I am confident we can make our flight. We already have transportation scheduled.

Since I only live 45 minutes away from the port I tend to like to stay on as late as possible, grab some breakfast and relax before heading off the ship.

We have walked off by 8 am also. We have a 10:20 am flight leaving Tampa. Daylight saving time ends so that gives us a extra hour. I am confident we can make our flight. We already have transportation scheduled.

yes, our flight is at 10:10. I know we're going to have to hustle, and I plan to. It seems we MAY just make it, if we can truly walk off the ship at 8am and bust a move.

Last time we arrived to the airport 20 minutes prior to our flight and made it on by the skin of our teeth, so I'm hoping even worst case scenario if we can get there by 9:20/9:30 we might possibly be able to do that again. I obviously would prefer not to, but I guess it will be out of my control beyond making sure we're in line as one of the first people and hop in a taxi IMMEDIATELY.

edit: We just looked and are also on for daylight savings so it looks like we also get that hour. That might be just what we need!!

Edited by coffeeaddiction12345

Twice we have been off by 8:00am (easy walk off) and were going thru security at the airport by 8:45, we had 10:30am flights

thanks!! This is SO helpful because everyone all over the board has been saying never to risk before noon but we don't have a choice. It makes me feel REALLY good that you were going through security at 8:45, that would be perfect. Still tight but do-able.

We get an extra hour for daylight savings so I'm very hopeful!

thanks!! This is SO helpful because everyone all over the board has been saying never to risk before noon but we don't have a choice. It makes me feel REALLY good that you were going through security at 8:45, that would be perfect. Still tight but do-able.

I think that extra hour will indeed be helpful to you and I wish you the best for an early exit from the ship. How do you handle the stress of that? I know I would not be able to sleep at all the night before. Kudos to you.:)

Rochelle

I think that extra hour will indeed be helpful to you and I wish you the best for an early exit from the ship. How do you handle the stress of that? I know I would not be able to sleep at all the night before. Kudos to you.:)

Rochelle

Honestly, I'm not handling the stress well at all! We'll have to rent a car and drive 27 hours home if we miss it. The daylight savings thing makes me feel a little better, but I wish we were leaving later (obviously). Thanks for the well wishes :)

Honestly, I'm not handling the stress well at all! We'll have to rent a car and drive 27 hours home if we miss it. The daylight savings thing makes me feel a little better, but I wish we were leaving later (obviously). Thanks for the well wishes :)

Well if, God forbid, you do miss it...consider the train. It's a great non-stressful way to travel. I love train travel. But seeing as you are aware of your options you won't need them. You will make your flight!! :)

Rochelle

I live in tampa and often see that ships coming in can be delayed due to fog. Not saying that it will happen to you but you should be aware of it.

We cruised out of Tampa in Feb 2013 and fog was a huge issue. We should have boarded around noon but didn't even board till after 8 PM. It was after 5 PM that the previous cruise was able to debark. Lots of missed flights that day.

Your welcome, just keep in mind what some others have said about the Fog. For 3 weeks prior to our last cruise fog was an issue. One day the ship did not dock to close to noon. Really depends on the month you go out. Good luck

I don't want to hijack the thread but I think it is a question in the same line of thought.

What if I am really not in a hurry?

I booked an hotel in Tampa for the night after arrival to avoid having to rush to our flight home and ruin all the relaxation we accumulated during the week. :)

How long can I stay on the ship after it arrives? Just like an hotel, what is the checkout hour for the cabin?

Buenor

I don't want to hijack the thread but I think it is a question in the same line of thought.

What if I am really not in a hurry?

I booked an hotel in Tampa for the night after arrival to avoid having to rush to our flight home and ruin all the relaxation we accumulated during the week. :)

How long can I stay on the ship after it arrives? Just like an hotel, what is the checkout hour for the cabin?

Buenor

I think 10 am is the latest. I'm like you not in a hurry lol

Thank you for the details. I'll take a long breakffast that morning to enjoy every last minutes

As for the fog, getting stuck on a functional cruise ship... it must be hell if you have a flight to catch but otherwise, it must not be that bad.

The word functional makes the difference. Compare the experience of the poor souls on the Carnival Triumph in 2013 VS those on the Carnival Liberty last week.

Ok first of all do not stress about this at all, especially on your cruise. It's supposed to be fun right? So don't give it much thought because all the worrying will not change things.

I may have missed it, but what time is your flight departing from Tampa? And what airline are you on?

No matter what the reason, if you get back late, and miss the flight, go the your airline ticket counter and explain you were on a cruise ship. I work for an airline, over 30 years, and airlines have late arriving customers very frequently, whether due to a late arriving ship or otherwise. Things happen.

Not sure of your airline's policy, Some allow standby on the next flights while others will charge you the fare difference, as though you booked it that day. Don't start thinking about driving back home.

If there is a delay affecting 100s of customers due to fog, then you will not be the only ones affected.

If you have any more questions feel free to reach out.

Jeff

jsamuel2@tampabay.rr.com

We cruised out of Tampa in Feb 2013 and got caught by fog. We were held out of even entering the river channel, and were anchoreed out in the bay untill 12pm. We were scheduled to disembark by 8am and eventually were able to get off at 4pm.

That does not sound bad at all lol